Thursday, July 19, 2012

July SBS Challenge Card

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
Well Friends ....... I completed another Stamp Camp and managed to get 35 ladies through my Christmas in July Stamp Camp and all went well and lots of fun was had by all.  I'm over the top happy with the way things turned out ...... But exhausted and ready to sit back for a day and regroup.

My card share for today is the card I shared at my SaddleBrooke Stampers meeting last Wednesday.  It's my Challenge Card for July and I'm dedicating this post to Ann LaPerre ....... who is responsible for putting our challenge packets together.  (This one if for you Ann!).
We started out with a BRIGHT YELLOW envelope ....... a Feather (mine just happen to be PINK - How funny that turned out I got the pink one!) ........ and a FUNKY CHICKEN stamped image.  We were told to GO AT IT and CREATE.  SO......this is the fun sassy card I created.
I wanted to decorate the envelope that we were provided ....... so I created a "Sweet Chick!" image for the front corner of my envelope and added some Crystal Effects to the Whisper White circle giving it a super fun look.
I created a Flip-Up style card.
I colored my Funky Chicken in with my Stampin' Write Markers and then cut her out.  I added Crystal Effects to the entire chicken giving her a sassy and glossy look. She was then added to a black and yellow mat and popped up with dimensionals.
I topped her off with a Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon BOW and added my fether behind the top of her head for a little WOW FACTOR to my already FUNKY CHICKEN!
I created this "MANY LAYER" sentiment for the front of my card and added some more Crystal Effects to my punched out Boho Blossom flowers and called this one DONE DONE DONE!
SIMPLY LOVE how this card turned out - and will proudly display this cutie on my IKEA WIRE RAIL that my son hung for me in my studio.  I will think of Ann every time I look at this card hanging in my studio.  MANY THANKS ANN for providing our SaddleBrooke Stamper Group with these challenge packets every month.  They are fun and I am amazed at how many different ideas come from the ladies in our Club that participate in these challenges.  
I'm off for a day of RELAXING and RECHARGING!  I'll be back tomorrow to hopefully begin sharing the cards we made at my Christmas in July Stamp Camp on Wednesday.  Hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment