Monday, July 23, 2012

Birthday Gift to Opal

Happy Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown Till We See The Grandkids - 35 Days!
Today I want to share a fun little birthday gift I made for my good friend Opal.  Opal celebrated her birthday on Saturday and here is what I hung on her front door at the ButtCrack of dawn on Saturday morning......
A SUPER DUPER FESTIVE BAG ....... for a super duper festive friend!  This bag was SO OPAL that I just couldn't resist using it for Opal's birthday gift.
 Here's the gift I made for Opal and tucked inside her festive birthday bag.
I started out with a VERY OLD (and very retired) Stampin' UP! set.  Opal's favorite color is PINK and I just knew that at least her card this year was going to be pink.  I stamped six candles on the center of her birthday card and then used my Simply Score Tool to create a double embossed frame around the outer edge of her card.  I also added some retired SU pink ribbon and called this one done.
 My gift to Opal was this darling little 6x6 box that I created and made into a charming little purse.
 Inside the purse held six scallop circle cards........
For whatever reason I grabbed up another very retired SU set and created six matching cards (two of each) to tuck inside Opal's birthday purse.  Here is the little birdie card.......
 And the beyond ADORABLE elephant card (just love the little balloon she is holding).....
 And this DARLING little skunk.
The two cards were each matching in every way ...... except for the coordinating retired SU 1/4" ribbon that I added to the top of each card.  I used Whisper White and Certainly Celery to add a little something something to each card.  I also added Crystal Effects to several parts of each of the cards for a little bling action.
 I decorated the front of each of the envelopes too and my gift to Opal was DONE!
Love how my gift to opal turned out and she reported back to me that she was thrilled to receive my gift.  Happy Birthday Opal and hope you had a FABULOUS BIRTHDAY!

I've been using LOTS of NEW PRODUCT from both the new catalog and the new holiday mini catalog (which you can begin ordering from on August 1st).  Hope you can join me tomorrow as I begin sharing all those fabulous creations with you.
Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. you make the best gifts and groupings. that was one of my favorite animal stamp sets! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete