Tuesday, October 01, 2013

SBS September Challenge Card

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
Today I have my September SaddleBrooke Stampers Challenge Card to share with you.  My good friend Ann LaPerre handed out the September Challenge Packets that included a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock along with a piece of vellum that had a wonderful sunflower image stamped on it....along with a small piece of blue ribbon.  She handed out our challenge packets and told us to "GO CREATE".  Here is the card that I created........ 

I used the Crumb Cake cardstock for the base of my card......
I used More Mustard, Cajun Craze and So Saffron cardstock for my card.  I punched out two butterflies with the More Mustard and So Saffron cardstock.  I used some Cajun Craze DSP and cardstock to create the DSP panel that ran through the center of my card.
I used my micro black marker to drawn in the lines of the Sunflower stamped image and then grabbed my Stampin' Write Markers to color in all the image.  The small piece of blue ribbon was added to the stem of my flower for a little punch of color.
I attached the vellum sentiment piece to the inside of my card and added a piece of Cajun Craze DSP across the bottom and also placed three butterflies to my card.
I didn't add a sentiment to the front of my card.....Figured I could do that when I was ready to send this card out.  LOVE how this Challenge Card turned out!
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share some sample cards I made for show n' tell for my September SaddleBrooke Stampers meeting.  Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream.

2 comments:

  1. That beautiful blue bow really defines the design. Love what you did on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's neat to see your card advance in different stages. Love the cone flower and color combination. I really like how you made a smaller butterfly to fit in the larger butterfly. The vellum over the sentiment in the inside is really neat. The blue ribbon really pops too! Very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete