Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
It's Halloween and that means tmy SaddleBrooke Stamper Friends get their traditional holiday mailbox delivery this morning.  Before I share that mailbox gift with you......I want to share a fun little Halloween Banner I created for my studio.
 
I created this fabric Halloween Banner and hung it in my studio over my doorway area.
I purchased a fabric panel of this banner a couple years ago and honestly.....had forgotten I bought it.  All I needed to do was cut out the fabric pieces and then glue them onto some cardstock pieces and this project was done.  All that was left to do was PRETTY it up with some ribbons and tulle.
I used my Ikea Wire Hanger that my son had installed when he was here visiting a couple years ago (I normally hang my favorite cards I receive up there) and joined the banner pieces together with the Ikea Clips.  This project turned out WAY BETTER than I had expected and think I might be making more of these for the upcoming holidays.

Now on to my Halloween Mailbox Treats....... 
I created these darling little Witches Cauldrons for 25 of my friends here in SaddleBrooke and was out bright and early this morning making my traditional Holiday Treat delivery. 
I used the Bootiful Occasions stamp set (which makes the LEFT shoe).  But how did I create the RIGHT shoe.........
All I did was run my stamped left shoe through the copy machine with a transparency sheet and then I was able to flip the transparency sheet over and I created the RIGHT shoe.   
The Cauldron was created by die-cutting out two Labels Collection Framelits that I just cut off the top and bottom of each of the die-cut pieces........
And then I made a small box to sandwich between the two die-cut shapes. 
I mounted the Witches' boots to a piece of black licorice and tucked the feet into my Cauldron and then filled the cauldron up with a cello bag of candy corn.  I also used some purple shredded gift filler paper to add some FUN to my Cauldron.
 Here's all 25 of my Halloween Cauldron's just waiting for my early morning delivery!
I wrapped each Cauldron in a large cello bag and tied them up with some black bakers twine and a tag (like any of my friends won't be sure who is responsible for this gift)!
So there you have it friends.......My Halloween mailbox treats for my SaddleBrooke friends.  Pretty sure that each of them will LOVE LOVE LOVE their Halloween gift and have to tell you.......I just can't wait to share with you the Thanksgiving Mailbox Treat that I'm working on.
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to begin sharing with you some of the SUPER FABULOUS treats I received while at the Scissors and the City Retreat at the beginning of October.  Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living YourDream!

2 comments:

  1. wonderful idea for the ikea wire that your son installed. the witch's leg sticking out . . . need i say more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW....Love your banner. I love how you added the bows and tulle on the fabric. Very nicely done and looks awesome hanging. Ikea has some wonderful products huh!
    I get the BIGGEST chuckle out of those witch legs coming out of that cauldron. Too stinkin' cute! Thanks for sharing and for the laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete