Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Faux Leather Purse

Today, I will be sharing another gift that I made for my scrapbooking friends in Wisconsin (for the retreat). Check out this embossed faux leather purse I made for each of them...... I used three of the SU Bigz Die and embossed each of them and before heat-setting them....I ran my bone folder tip across the surface to form wavy lines and then heat-set the piece to resemble a faux leather look.
Here's the purses and the three tags that I slipped inside each of the purses.
I added a velcro closure to keep the purse closed....along with a piece of 1/4" grossgrain ribbon to the side and that was the handle for each of the purses.
I made a template for the center (or purse middle) for each purse.....added sticky stripe around the edges and assemblied the center pieces and attached a front and back purse piece to this. This formed the purse......I added a lid to the top of the purse and ended up with this cute little purse creation.
Here's a photo of the three SU Bigz Dies all cut/folded and ready to be attached to the center purse piece.
These purses were a LOT of work......but .... the end results were that they turned out SO CUTE that it was worth all the work that went into them. The ladies LOVED them and that was all I needed to know.
Hope you can stop back tomorrow.....I'll be sharing a cute little snowman candy bar that I made for each of the retreat ladies. Until tomorrow......Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment