Monday, January 16, 2012

Sw Stampers Swap Cards January-Part Two

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends.  I'm late posting today because I spent NO TIME yesteday on my computer.  I attended a class on the VERY FAR EAST SIDE of Tucson yesterday.  It took me an hour and a half to get there.......the class was a three hour class (oh so worth it) ...... and then I had an hour and a half drive back home (of which I got myself good and lost getting out of the subdivision that this ladies house was at).  SO ....... dinner and clean-up and then movie with Jack ...... seriously left me NO TIME to play on my computer.  SO FOR TODAY ...... I'm heading up to the Ranch to scrapbook with the girls and tonight I need to spend time in my studio getting ready for Saturday's Club Girls - Y*I*K*E*S - Once again I'm on the RUN.  Let's start with today's share ........
First up is the card that my good buddy Cathy Gray made ..... oh my gosh.  Seriously LOVE this card.  Cathy took the "Flower Garden" Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and ran that through her Big Shot and with the help of some Cherry Cobbler - ran some ink over the top of her embossed flower to make the flower image POP (and POP it did).
She also stamped the More Occasions Wrap Stamp Set (from the Holiday Mini) onto the Whisper White card base and then framed it using the Peek-a-Boo BigZ die frame in Chocolate Chip.  She also added a couple Jewlrey Tag punches that were stamped out using the "Tiny Tag" stamp set.  AWESOME AWESOME CARD CATHY!
Next up I have a beautiful card that my SW Stamping Buddy Barbara Phillips made for our swap. (She mentioned to me that she took her inspiration from Jackie Topa - who seriously is one of those SU demonstrators that has more ideas then you can ever image!)  OH MY GOSH....How did Barbara know that I was COMPLETELY OUT of Sympathy card ideas.  (And I also needed two sympathy cards to send out ...... many thanks Barbara for helping me out with this need).  Barbara started out framing her card with the Textured Impressions Framed Tulips Embossing Folder.  Then in the center of her Pretty in Pink card she used the NEW Framelits Labels Collections and diecut a beautiful labels die image right in the center of her card.
Barbara used the new Bordering on Romance and Loving Thoughts Stamp Sets for her card and even added some of the new Pear Pizzazz Pleated Ribbon at the bottom of her card.  What a PRETTY PRETTY card this turned out to be.  Surely going to CASE your card idea Barbara.
And last ..... BUT NOT LEAST ...... is the card that Ginny Tabor swapped.  Just looking at it you would think - NICE CARD Ginny ...... but wait ....... Ginny's card is based on a paint swatch sample that you get at the hardware store.  YES SERIOUSLY ...... it is a paint swatch!  She said she went to Home Depot and picked up several paint swatch samples in Tempting Turquoise colors and came home and stamped one of the Flower Fest flower images on the swatch and trimmed it with our eyelet border lace punch.
If ever Stampin UP was going to do FOUR PACK of Tempting Turqouise colors ...... this is seriously what it would look like.  What a fabulous idea Ginny and your card turned out so LOVELY.  Surely going to have to check out the paint swatches the next time I run down to my local Home Depot.  SUPER FUN IDEA!

Many thanks for joining me today.  I have several things to share with you this week ..... I think tomorrow I am going to share my SPOOKY TREE with you.  I created a super pretty Valentine's tree and will be sharing that with you tomorrow.  The rest of the week will include the Trinket Box that I made at yesterday's class ...... my message board center that I made on Saturday ....... and I have my recipe swap for January to share with you along with the Camp cards that we will be making at this months camp.  Will be a busy week - so hope you can come back and join me for those shares.  See You Tomorrow ..... and remember (as always.......) ...... Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work by the SW Stampers. So nice to see what I missed. Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete