Wednesday, January 25, 2012

CJToo Valentine's Treat

Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends and today I have a special little surprise post for you.  As you might remember ...... I was planning to post my Stamp Club Challenge idea for you today - but as I was getting ready to post, I had forgotten that on January 25th our fearless leader Tracy at CraftJunkieToo (http://www.craftjunkietoo.blogspot.com) requested that her design team members (that would be me!) schedule a Valentine's Day blog post.  Tracy ask me to create a Valentine's Day something that could be made for a class or an easy project that could be mass produce.  Well let me tell you ...... I hit this one out of the park ..... with the help of my seven grandkids.  Let me explain .........
 Aren't these pencil treats just the LIVING END.......
Making treats for my SEVEN Grandkids classmates for all the holidays requires me to ALWAYS be on the look-out for projects during the holidays that are FUN - FAST and PACK a real WOW FACTOR to 'em.  And without fail ........ Valentine's Day was the perfect time to give one of my grandkids a super duper fun pencil gift to hand out to their fellow classmates on Valentine's Day.
Knowing that I was going to have to mass produce this project helped me stay on track and basically did LOTS of punching ...... stamping ....... stuffing cello bags ........ adhering ....... and adding ribbon to complete 25 of these little hummers in NO TIME!
 I gathered up several different colors of Pink and Red Cardstock and Ribbon - Grabbed my retired "Love You Much" Stampin' UP! Stamp Set and started mass producing these little cuties.
 Here's one of the pink pencil cello bags ...... Oh So Pretty!
 And it just wouldn't be Valentine's Day without Red .........
Overall - I have to tell you that this is one of those projects that is easy to mass produce and it just SCREAMS for those little ones to help assist in making these.  Super Duper Quick and Seriously has a WOW FACTOR attached to it.  I just know one of my seven grandkids will really enjoy passing these treats out on Valentine's Day to their fellow classmates.

I'll be back tomorrow to resume my regularly scheduled blog posting.  I was going to share my Stamp Club Challenge idea with you - but realized that I hadn't taken any pictures of that challenge so - guess I'm out of luck to share it with you this month.   I'm hoping that I have my act together next month and can remember to take some pictures and share that with you in February.  SO SORRY for my Club Challenge idea to be on hold for another month.  I will however have a fun little surprise scheduled to share with you for tomorrow - Hope you can swing by and join me for that.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kadie!

    I love these little pencils. They truly look wonderful and easy! Two things any Mom would be looking for!

    Wonderful job, as always! <3
    Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite SU stamp sets for valentine's day. Such a "treat!" Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete