Sunday, January 01, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR FRIENDS!

Happy New Year Friends!
It's 2012 and the beginning of yet another year - have you made your new year resolutions? 
Mine are the same as last year ......continue to be kind - share with others and ALWAYS do good. 
(These are some pretty simple things to live by and by renewing them every year ..... I'm not disappointed that I didn't achieve my goals when I reflect back at the end of the year!)
My card share for today are the cards I received from my Crafternooner gals for December.  First up is Opal's card.  I have plans to use this card layout to help build up my card stash.  I simply LOVE the layout and can see this to be used for many other occasions.
Our challenge this month was to Watercolor on watercolor paper and our colors were PINK (YIPPIEEE!) and Green.  So ..... Opal had us watercolor this darling flower and then cut it out and it got adhered to our card.  Opal also had us take a VersaMark pad and tap the eraser end of a pencil in the VersaMark and then create dots all over our three green background panels (HOW BRILLIANT IS THAT?).
The sentiment was stamped on a Pretty in Pink oblong piece and mounted onto a Nestability Label  and backed with a scallop circle that was cut in half - which allowed us to put one half on the top of the label and the other half on the bottom portion of the label.  Simply LOVE this card!  Many Thanks Opal for sharing this awesome card with me.
Next up is my December swap card.  I stamped the Manhattan Flower onto watercolor paper and then embossed the flower with white embossing powder.  The flowers were then watercolored with the help of Rose Red and Pretty in Pink reinkers.  LOVE that no two roses turned out alike - Much like no two roses are the same in our gardens.
The white embossing powder allowed the reinker color to stay within each petal portion of the rose when we used our Aqua Painter Brush to deposit the color directly to our rose petals. 
 Love stamping extra roses and having them on hand to color in - the roses make for beautiful sympathy cards along with every day thinking of you cards.......which you can never have too many of these cards.
Next is the card that Berta made for me.  When I opened this card up - I knew without even looking who created this card.  It screams "BERTA" to me.  Her colors and styles are written all over this card. 
The flower image that Berta picked for her card is so beautiful and Berta did an amazing job of watercoloring her image in.
And I love the background patterned paper that Berta used ....... OH SO PRETTY and OH SO ELEGANT.  Many thanks Berta for sharing this lovely lovely card with me.
And last I have Jan's card to share with you.  Jan did a watercoloring technique on glossy cardstock and her image is like magic when you tilt and turn her card.
Jan also added a sript background image across the front of her card - thus giving her card just one more level of WOW!
LOVE how Jan colored her flowers (the pink is SO ME!) and this card is a perfect example of the amazing work that Jan does.  THANK YOU Jan for sharing your card with me - AND - someday soon we are going to have to meet up in your new studio and recreate this card......You set the date and I'll be there girlfriend.

Many Thanks for sharing a portion of your New Year Day with me - I'm off to go play the day away in my studio ........ Have lots of projects I would like to check off my "to do" list and there is no better day than New Year's Day to get those things done.

I'll be back tomorrow to share a few last minute Christmas cards I received - Hope you can come back and join me for that share .......Enjoy Your Day and ....... Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful collection! please pass along to your crafternooner gang that they rock! your roses are so stunning . . . love how you mentioned that no two are alike . . . just like in nature! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete