Sunday, August 21, 2011

August Stamp Club - 3D Project

Happy Sunday my Blogger Friends and Thanks for joining me today.  Yesterday was my Stamp Club and do I have a fabulous 3D project to share with you today.  This original idea came from the Stampin UP! Demonstrators website and I also saw it over at Angie's blog (http://www.mychicnscratch.com/).  If you want to click over to her blog and check out her amazing (over 300) free video's.......she will AMAZE you with her talent.

I purchased the BigZ XL Bitty Box and Envelope die in July (*mainly because as a Stampin' UP! demonstrator, I receive an ADDITIONAL BIG DISCOUNT - in addition to the already amazing demonstrator discount I receive - on one item during my birthday month and I knew that during my birthday month (July) I would be making this BigZ Die my birthday gift from SU to me) ............and my first use of this BigZ XL die would be to use it for a Club project.  Check this fun little creation out.......
We used Old Olive for our base box and tucked four hersey nuggets inside (of course those nuggets didn't go into our box naked) ....... we wrapped our little nuggets up with a 1" x 3/4" stripe of Old Olive DSP.........
The top of the box was created by using a 2"x2" square of Very Vanilla Cardstock.  We put each of the four corners into the Scallop Trim Corner punch and punched out the perfect scallop edge to our 2"x2" piece.  We then layered a 1-3/8" Old Olive square - and then a 1-1/4" Chocolate Chip square and topped it off with a 1" Old Olive square......the "Sweets for the sweet" was stamped in Chocolate Chip on a 3/4" square using the "Sweets for the Sweet" stamp set.
We added a piece of 5/8" Victoria Crochet Trim (LOVE this trim) around the box and tied it off with a Chocolate Chip Button and some linen thread.  This makes a perfect closure for the box and allows the person receiving the box to not have to tear the entire box apart to get to the inside..........all they need to do is slide the Crochet Trim over the side of the box and the top pops open and the entire box opens up.
Here's another view of the squares all layered onto a punched out 2"x2" Scallop Trim Corner piece.
And we topped our "Sweets for the sweet" label off with a Mini Library Clip in Chocolate Chip ......And called this one DONE!  Love how this little treat box turned out......Oh How BEAUTIFUL....and Oh How FUN to give to that someone special. (and yes,.....you are seeing double - I premade two of these boxes for Debbie and Jan (who can't be at Club this month) and will show the Club Gals how you can change up the look of this box by simply changing up the way you layer all your scallop square pieces).

Thanks for stopping in today - I'll be back tomorrow with the two cards we created at our August Stamp Club - Hope you can come back and join me.  Keep Living Your Dream! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment