Thursday, March 20, 2014

Simply Happening Kit Part 1

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
Today I have the first of several blog post......spot lighting the new Stampin' UP! Simply Happening Kit.  I have been offering this Simply Happening Kit Class in both March and April.......and I used one of the kits to show the ladies how you can "STEP-UP" your Simply Happening Kits by simply adding some extra cardstock colors and a few punches.  Let's jump right in with today's three cards.......
For this card I used the pieces from the Simply Happening Card Kit and created three "thanks" banners for the front of my card.
The one thing I added to this card was three stamped flowers from the Petite Petal stamp set.  I stamped my flowers onto Coastal Cabana cardstock and punched them out with the Petite Petal punch and added a rhinestone in the center of each flower.
For my second card, I cut down one of the layering panels (stripes) and added that to the front of my Whisper White base card.  For my sentiment I stamped my "thanks" right onto one of the banner flags (towards the right hand edge of the banner flag).  I then created a circle embellihment  piece....using the Petite Petal stamp set and punch and then layered my flower onto several punched out circles. 
To complete this card......I tucked a paper dollie with one of the Strawberry Slush circles behind the striped layering panel and added a punched butterfly.
And my last card share for today is this darling "thanks" card.
I punched a cut-down panel of the layering pok-a-dot paper and scalloped the edges with a border punch.....And then created a super fun flower embellishment for the center of the heart (included in this kit).

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share with you Part 2 of the Simply Happening Kit...........Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

3 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

So many different looks by just changing up a few things. Pretty cards Kadie.

Lynn G. said...

Awesome job on 'stepping up' the kit cards. All the layering is just fabulous on all the cards. My FAVE is the heart/flower/button embellishment on the last card. The crystal effects really shines on the flower and looks super. I have this kit but haven't been able to get to it yet. I will have to keep this in mind when I do get to my kit. Thanks so much for sharing with us!!! So very nicely done!

Mary Fish said...

I love how you gave these kit cards new personality!