Thursday, August 22, 2013

Twoie's Baby Shower Invitations

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
Today I would like to share Baby Twoie's shower invitation that I made.  
I made this postcard style invitation for my daughter Jenni's baby shower at the beginning of August. The entire theme for her baby shower was rubber duckies and when I spotted this punch art duck on the internet.......I just knew I was going to have to use it for the shower invitations!
Here's a close-up of the rubber duck........I used dimensional adhesive to pop the duck and the puddle up off the invitation. 
The duck was created with the Extra Large Oval punch and then a small section was punched out from the top of the oval and used for his wings.  The beck and top feather were created with the wings from the bird punch. 
All I did for the puddle my rubber duckie was floating on.......was tear some Tempting Turquoise cardstock into an oval shape and then inked up the edges with coordinating ink. 
I used some retired chevron designer series paper from Stampin' UP! for the front of my card and then printed out all the details of the shower on my computer.  The invitations turned out PERFECTLY and kicked off the theme of Baby Twoie's Shower!
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share the special Birthday Card Basket I made for Baby Twoie's shower with you......Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. If it looks like a duck, it is a duck. This is so cute right down to the "puddle!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww....how adorable!!!! I love the little duck. So cute! What a great invitation. I love how you put the two drops of water coming out his back. How sweet! I am trying to get thru all the e-mails I missed over the weekend and Monday. Thanks so much for sharing. I bet everyone was tickled pink (hmmmm...should I say blue?) to get your invitation. So cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete