Monday, November 19, 2012

Stamp Club A2 Project

Happy Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Count-Down to Wisconsin in 11 Days!
Today I have the first of the three project we made at Stamp Club on Saturday.  Typically, we do an A2 Card ...... A 3x3 Card ...... and some type of 3-D Project at our clubs.  The hostess for November was Lonnie and she asked me to do Christmas Gift-Giving Ideas and I put a total twist on the projects that we made.  For November - all three projects had a 3-D spin to them and today I will be sharing the A2 Card project with you.  Let's Jump Right IN.......
I wanted to create a Gift Card Holder for my A2 Card for November so I spun it up by using the Season of Sweets Designer Kit (Page 15-Holiday Catalog) for my Gift Card Holder.
I used one of the Gusseted Treat Envelopes for the base of my Gift Card Holder.......
I stamped the "Joy of Christmas" from the Perfect Punches stamp set and used my Window Frames Collection Framelits to die-cut out that stamped image......
I tucked a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock behind the window frame and used my White Signo Gel Pen to create stitching lines around the window image.....
This pretty pretty belly band was created with Very Vanilla cardstock and a piece of DSP from the "Be of Good Cheer" DSP pack.
We used a 1" circle punch to create a thumb-pull section on the back of our envelope.....
And this allowed the person opening this Gift Card Holder a way of pulling out the gift card (or check) that is tucked inside the envelope.
Here are the two panels that tuck inside the envelope.....
We used the Be of Good Cheer DSP to cover a square panel of Very Vanilla Cardstock and the Window Frames Collection Framelits was positioned right in the center of our DSP panel and our gift card can be secured right over the top of this diecut.
Check out how the Window Frames Collection Framelits (on the left) looks without a gift card adhered on top of it. 
The belly bands not only adds a little WOW FACTOR to our completed project......but also acts as a way of keeping our envelope closed (without us having to seal the envelope shut).
We also added a small Holly Berry to the upper corner of our window frame.  The Season of Sweets Designer Kit comes with two sheets of  Designer Card Stock Stickers and just peel right off and can be placed onto your project in a SNAP!  I have to say that several of the gals purchased this kit and all of them said that they would have never known how FUN and CREATIVE this Designer Kit was if I hadn't shared it with them at Club.  SO GLAD they liked this project.
 
I'll be back tomorrow to share the 3x3 card project we made on Saturday......Hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. one of the coolest gift card holders ever . . . even the gift card itself looks amazing with your beautiful work and idea. love the stitching, of course.

    ReplyDelete