Monday, February 01, 2016

Mix-It-UP! Monday-Upgraded Just For You

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Today is Mix It UP! Monday and I have an upgraded version of the card I shared with you yesterday.  I used the exact same product that was used to create yesterday's card ....... but added a couple additional products (found in the 2015 Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog) to bring this card up to the next stamping level.
Here are my two cards side-by-side.
On the left is my Spot Light Sunday card......
And the card on the right is my Mix-It-UP! Monday card.
For my Mix-It-UP! Monday card I changed my base card to Watermelon Wonder and used the Very Vanilla as my matted panel.  I went ahead and kept my sentiment exactly the same on this card as I did on yesterday's card.
One major change was adding a large Very Vanilla panel to my Watermelon Wonder base card ....... And I used the 'Happy Heart' embossing folder on that Very Vanilla panel to add lots of texture to the front of my card.
I continued to use the 'Going Places' Wood grain DSP panel on my card ........ But I stepped that panel up by adding some 'Venetian Crochet Trim' along with a small piece of 'Watermelon Wonder 1' Stitched Satin Ribbon' around the Wood grain DSP panel.
On this upgraded version I added a single Watermelon Wonder Heart ...... and I used some Crystal Effects on that single heart as I did on my original card.
I'm loving the way this stepped up version turned out ....... And with just a handful of additional product - I was able to bring this card up to the next stamping level.

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a 3-D Tuesday project with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

4 comments:

  1. I love the boldness of the red on white as well as the heart embossing in the background. Bravo, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fun card to upgrade. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a difference. Love the heart embossing. That's the first thing I noticed besides the cute addition of the ribbons. The watermelon wonder card base is such a striking change. Fabulous upgrade Kadie.
    Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lynn. EVERYTHING looks better when colored with Watermelon Wonder!

    ReplyDelete