Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Stamp Club 3x3 Project

Happy Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
Count-Down to Wisconsin in 10 Days!
Today I have the 3x3 card project that we made at my November Stamp Club this past Saturday.  This project was a HUGE HIT and the project idea came from Teri at Big Idea From A Little Girl blog.  She shared this project on her blog about a year ago and I FINALLY got around to making this ADORABLE project.   
This is a 3x3 card holder that will easily hold SEVERAL little 3"x3" note cards.
We started with a Cherry Cobbler base of 4-1/4" x 11" cardstock and scored it at 5" and 6".  We ran our Cherry Cobbler piece through the Big Shot and used the Lots of Dots embossing folder to add some texture to the front of our holder.
The sweet scallop closure for the front of our holder was stamped from the Four Seasons Hostess set.  It was stamped on a Early Espresso piece of cardstock with Whisper White ink and then it was embossed with White embossing powder to really get the image to POP!
Here's what our holder looks like when the Top Note closure is opened up.......
It reveals a small box that is secured to the inside of our holder and it holds 3x3 notecards.
We made two 3x3 note cards from the Snow Festival DSP.......
And basically all you need to do is trim the DSP down to 2-3/4"x2-3/4" and adhere those panels to a 3"x3" Whisper White card base.
The inside pocket is a 5" x 5-1/4" piece of Gumball Green Cardstock.......
And you score your 5-1/5" edge at 1" on each side......
And the 5" edge you score at 2" and 3".
Here are the two cards that I made for my holder......
Before I give my holder away......I'm going to fuzzy up my cards by adding some Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details.......
And some Silver Sparkle Dazzling Details to both my cards.
We added a piece of Cherry Cobbler Scallop Dotted Ribbon to the top of our holder.....
And I gave the girls the option of either a Early Espresso scallop or a Cherry Cobbler scallop circle.  This project came together in a FLASH and several of the girls said they were going to make a few of these for Hostess Gift to give out during the Holiday.
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I will be sharing the 3-D project with you tomorrow....Hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to start calling you "3D Kadie!" You are the queen. Such an adorable 3 x 3 holder and cards. Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete