Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November CrafterNooner Cards Part One

Happy Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
Count-Down to Wisconsin in 3 Days!
I'm in the final days of my count-down to Wisconsin and I'm feeling under control for getting all the packets prepared and all my packing done.  It's going to be LAST MINUTE PANIC come Thursday morning.....but for today and tomorrow....It's all system GO.
 
My card share today is Part One of my November CrafterNooners Swap cards.  Here are the cards that Jan and I made......
Our cardstock challenge was to use Cajun Craze, Soft Suede and River Rock and our technique was to incorporate Stitching onto our card.   
 Jan knocked this one out of the park for all parts of our challenge......
She had us do our stitching on this FUN piece of burlap and then we attached several buttons directly onto our piece of burlap.
I told the girls that these colors were not my colors...but by the time I finished Jan's card....I think I changed my mind.  GORGEOUS CARD JAN!
My card is the "Twisted Greeting Card".
I watched a YouTube Video that Kelly Gettelfinger (SU Demonstrator) made.  (Here is a link to her video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhMJl_Mh8FY)
The card is wacky and fun and comes together in a SNAP and with the help of Kelly's video.....It was SUPER EASY to make one of these cards.
I started with a 4-1/4" x 11" piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and I scored it from the upper right hand corner and went on an angle down to the lower left hand corner of my cardstock.  All you need to do to get your center fold is fold on your angle fold lines and put your folded cardstock at the top of your score board and then score at 5-1/2".  This is what creates your twisted/wacky fold of your card. 
I used Soft Suede.....Cajun Craze and River Rock cardstock and also added some coordinating SU DSP to my inside panels for a little added FUN.  SERIOUSLY FUN card and with the help of Kelly's video....they are SUPER EASY to make.
 
Thanks for joining me today .... I'll be back tomorrow to share Berta's and Opal's November CrafterNooners cards with you .... Hope you can make plans to come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. the first card is so eclectic and artistic . . . love the mix of textures. your "twisted" card is absolute genius and you keep the design simple. bravo!

    ReplyDelete