Thursday, November 08, 2012

Fun In The Sun Scrapbook

Happy Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
Count-Down to Wisconsin in 22 Days!
Today's share is a special little chipboard scrapbook I've been working on.  I made it to celebrate my summer vacation with my little people back in Wisconsin.  I plan to load-it-up with pictures of the fun things we did during our visit this past September.  Check this little cutie out!
Each month.......I receive a kit from "Button Farm" and this kit just happened to be one I received earlier this year.  When I was selecting the album I wanted to use for my summer album ....... I knew IMMEDIATELY that this kit would be PERFECT for my 2012 Wisconsin Summer Vacation Album.
The scrapbook and pages for this album are all made from CHIPBOARD.  The album is a two ring binder style book ...... and that makes it GREAT for adding and removing pages. 
All the embellishments for this album are also made from Chipboard...... 
The one thing the "Button Farm" does is gives you TONS of real estate for your albums.  For this album they added this darling little "5-Things I love about Summertime" pocket to the front of my album and I have to say ..... It's one of my favorite parts to this album.  I plan to use one numbered tab for each of my grandkids and tab number five will be a group photo of my entire family!
Here's the inside cover of my album.....
There are a total of 17 pages to this Fun in the Sun Album......and here is Page 1......The popsciles and the banner are chipboard and raised off the page with dimensionals.
Page 2......The three tags are cardstock tags! 
 Page 3.....LOVE the journaling panel along the side of this page.....
 Page 4.....Wouldn't this (and page 5) make a great two page layout for a fun day at the pool?
 Page 5......I have TONS of pictures of my little people swimming like little fish!
 Page 6.....Another paper tag.....
 Page 7.....Along with a page just screaming to post LOTS of pictures!
Page 8.....The waves for the bottom of this page are more chipboard pieces......and the tag is yet another cardstock tag that is going to be perfect to post one "remember" something for each of my grandkids.
Page 9......More chipboard pieces.....
Page 10.....This "Vacation Favorites" tag will be a perfect spot for me to ask each of the kids what their favorite thing about our vacation was. 
Page 11.....lots of space for me to add pictures of the grandkids! 
Page 12....Even though we didn't go to the "Beach" while we were visiting.....I plan to use some of the left over cardstock and punch out 2012 and add that right over the top of "beach". 
Page 13.....the flower on this page is chipboard and by distressing the orange and green banners I was able to give the banners some dimension and this added a great look to this page.
Page 14.....Perfect page to add lots of pictures..... 
 Page 15.....And add several journaling blocks on this page.
 Page 16......And these last two pages are two of my favorite......
Page 17....because the waves on this page double as pockets I plan to sketch and cut out some bottle using Crumb Cake cardstock and will ask each of the kids to write me a little message on the back of each bottle.  I will then stick each of their bottles into the waves and hopefully have it look like there are MESSAGES in a BOTTLE floating on the waves.  And the best part about this.........each of the messages my little people will have written me will be private and on the backside of each of the bottles. 
Simply LOVE LOVE LOVE how this book came together.  It really didn't take me all that long to do - the hardest part was DISTRESSING ALL THE EDGES of all the pieces in my album.  BUT ..... It was WELL WORTH the extra time it took to do all that distressing!
 
Thanks for joining me today - I have one last album to share with you......And I'll be back tomorrow to share that 2012 album.  Hope you can make plans to join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Distressing always takes time but worth it. What a wonderful keepsake you have created. Another good idea. Thanks Kadie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a masterpiece! i love the popsicle and "wave" pages . . . but the "fish" paper has my heart! hugs, mary

    ReplyDelete