Thursday, November 22, 2012

Blessing Box

Happy Happy TURKEY DAY My Blogger Friends!
Count-Down to Wisconsin in 8 Days!
It's TURKEY DAY and I hope you are BLESSED WITH ...... Great Food, Relaxing Moments, Wonderful Football, Plenty of Laughter and you are able to FILL YOUR DAY WITH FABULOUS THANKSGIVING TRADITIONS!

Though Jack and I won't be sharing this Thanksgiving with our Family ....... We will be sharing it with seveal SaddleBrooke Families and having our Thanksgiving Dinner at our Club House this year.  It will be a relaxing day that we will FILL with ALL OF THE ABOVE.

My share for today are the Thanksgiving Blessing Boxes that I deliveried to 22 of my DEAREST and SWEETEST SaddleBrooke Friends.  Check out this little cutie that each of them found hanging on their mailboxes......
 They are my traditional Thanksgiving Blessing Box with this DARLING Scarcrow Face!
I based my idea from a card my dear sweet blogging friend Donna Fritz had made for me (THANKS DONNA for your amazing creation.)  Donna made me a scarcrow card and I knew IMMEDIATELY that his little face would look PERFECT attached to the front of a little box.....and filled with my traditional Thanksgiving Blessing Mix.
So I set out to make 22 of these Scarcrow Boxes for my dearest and sweetest SaddleBrooke Friends.
I made FOUR versions of this little cutie ..... Each one used the SU Top Note Die, the Bird Punch, some Circle punches, the Orchard Harvest DSP along with Crumb Cake cardstock. 
Here's Version #1......
 Here's Version #2......
 Here's Version #3......
And Version #4.....
 I also used the SU Fancy Favor Bigz Die to create the box......
And my Thanksgiving Blessing Mix was tucked right into the fancy favor box.
I also made a 1/2" x 11" handle for my box and attached the handle with some silver brads.
I used the SU Bird Punch to create the bird sitting on the scarcrows hat.....and added some thinly sliced stripes of So Saffron cardstock under his hat to look like his straw stuffing.
 Here's all my cuties tucked in a basket.......Waiting to be deliveried!
 I used a Black SU Writer to free-hand his little mouth and as far as the cute little nose......I know first hand from a phone call I received that the stitching lines I made to his nose were a favorite!
 Here's the backside of my blessing box......
I didn't want the backside of my box to have DSP or Very Vanilla Cardstock showing (on his hat or backside of his face) ...... so I went the extra mile and added a backing of crumb cake cardstock to the backside of his hat and face and that way the entire backside of my box was covered completely in Crumb Cake cardstock (and that way matched the Crumb Cake cardstock of the Fancy Favor Box). 
I added Bugles.....Pretzels.....Peanuts.....Candy Corn and Orange Slices for my Blessing Mix
 Isn't his little face just TOO CUTE for words........
 And adding the straw behind his hat just gave him a totally FUN LOOK!
SO THERE YOU HAVE IT ........ Another HAPPY HOLIDAY SURPRISE for some of the most AMAZING FRIENDS a Girl could have.  I am without a doubt......TRULY BLESSED!
 
Wishing you a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!
Keep Living Your Dream (I AM)!

2 comments:

  1. wonderful boxes and perfect for this time of year! the top note die can really go places! nice to hear about your thanksgiving. we went to maynard's market for a beautiful dinner. we missed family, of course, but it was a beautiful, quiet evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a surprise to see your scarecrows! I love them and even cuter than mine. Wow - you even "backed" them! People in Saddlebrook are so blessed to have you as a neighbor! Happy Thanksgiving. Donna

    ReplyDelete