Friday, November 09, 2012

2012 Grandkid Album

Happy Happy Friday My Blogger Friends!
Count-Down to Wisconsin in 21 Days!
Today I have an extra special little album to share with you......It's my......
2012 Grandkid Album!
This calendar album was a kit I bought at Archiver's while I was back in Wisconsin this past summer.  I immediately looked at it and thought it would be PERFECT to create a FUN LITTLE Grandkids Album (with a TWIST!). 
The album itself began as a chipboard album that has a total of twelve calendar pockets ....... 
 Here's what the backside of my album looks like............
 And what would an album be if you didn't embellish it with lots of FUN and SASSY ribbons?
But the REAL MAGIC was the spin you created with all six pockets.  Each one had a hinge on it that over-lapped each hinge to create an amazing and fun album. 
And here's a close-up look at how all six pockets loaded up together to create my Grandkids Album! 
Each of the pockets is decorated exactly the same.  I've added a panel of DSP and the month to each of my pockets.......
 Each monthly tag pulls out to reveal a calendar for that month......
And each pocket begins to repeat itself as you go through the months of the year. 
Here's February and March...... 
 And as you can see......Each pocket has been covered with pretty DSP and the month is blocked off on the front of each of those pockets......
 Here are the pull-out calendars for April and May......
 And the front pockets for June and July.......
The Calendar tags for June and July...... 
 August and September's Pockets......
AND.....August and September calendar tags. 
I love love love how the front of October and November's Pockets turned out...... 
 And the calendar tags for October and November.
 And the final pocket (December) and the back page of my album......
And my December calendar tag. 
What I plan to do with this album is take all the fun and crazy things my grandkids do and say each month (which I've written down through the year and have in a special notebook) and I will begin adding those things to this album and create a smash-type of book for 2012. 
 
I also plan to have some mini pictures printed off from Walgreens and add photo's of the grandkids to each of the months.  I plan to make this album a KEEPSAKE ALBUM of the fun things my grandkids have said and done during 2012.  I just know that someday they will look through this album and know just how SPECIAL they are to me and that I took the time to capture the fun and zannie things they did as they were growing up.  (BUT OF COURSE.......Isn't that the job of any good grandma!)
 
Thanks for joining me today - I'll be back tomorrow to share more Kards by Kadie creations with you - hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Aaah! How awesome is this Smashbook Monthly Album! I think I've heard you mention Archivers before, Wow. just what I need, another source to get more crafting supplies! Crafting supplies are taking over my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous project, kadie. love every month!

    ReplyDelete