Saturday, December 31, 2011

Santa Pants and Gift

Happy Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends - Well ...... It's the last day of 2011 and all I can say is ....... Where the HECK did the year go?  I remember the very beginning of the year - and a part of the summer - but the rest of the year ...... YIKES ......Is this what it's like to get OLD?
Today, I want to share a fun little project that I made for my Stamp Club gals in December.  This project was a direct CASE from someone's blog - but I honestly can't remember where I saw it. (If you know who's blog this was originally from - can you please share it in my comments section - I can then do my best to link this back to their AMAZING CREATION) For my project, I took a plan brown lunch bag and cut it down and aded some Real Red cardstock to the front and began decorating it to resemble the center of Santa's suit.  This little gift was my little little way of thanking the gals for being part of my first Stamp Club adventure.  It all came to an end in December - but not to worry ...... I lined up six ladies (some repeats!) to join me in January to kick off a new 6-month Stamp Camp.  
I covered the front and back of my cut down lunch bag with real red cardstock ..... added some black cardstock to the bottom portion of the bag to act as the belt ...... added a square of silver glimmer paper and topped it off with another square of black ....... and added two 1/2" circle of black to represent two of Santa's buttons.  TOTALLY CUTE and totally predictable for right before Christmas.  I also added a small little gift to the inside of the Santa Bag .......
I took an empty Stack and Store Container (Page 226) and began decorating it with circle punches and retired DSP.
The little snowman is from a retired set - but seriously is one of those snowman stamps that I will probably NEVER retire from my stash.
The inside of the Stack and Store Container has six of the mot ADORABLE gift tags - all decorated and ready to hand out.  The back side of the tag has a "To - From" adhered to it.
I used some dimensional puffy paint to decorate all the tags - giving the tags just one more level of dimension and FUN!
I used my Tabletop Paper Cutter to cut up lots of thin stripes of red and white cardstock and then gathered them up and ran the stripes through my crimper to create some fun filler for these adorable Santa Pants.

LOVE how this project turned out and I'm sure that the ladies loved  receiving their gift and HOPE they know how much I appreciate their FRIENDSHIP and Business.

Hope you'all have a FUN and HAPPY New Year's Eve.   Jack and I will be getting all snug tonight in front of our TV with our JAMMIES and COMFY BLANKIES to enjoy an evening of movies and (for me) NAPS!  Whatever you have planned to tonight - enjoy your evening!  I'll be back tomorrow to wish you a HAPPY 2012!

Keep Living Your Dream!

3 comments:

  1. Very Cute! I'll have to add this to my list of "to do" projects for next Christmas. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the little tags . . . what a charming set! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always looking for fun, creative & easy ideas. This one is amazing! I now have a use for my empty containers! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete