Thursday, December 29, 2011

Paper Crafter's Library Team Submission

Hi Blogger Friend! I received news that Andrea Walford over at Paper Crafter's Library was looking for 4-6 new paper crafters to join her design team and I knew IMMEDIATELY that this is one team that I would walk over ground-glass to be part of (okay...maybe not walk over - but would seriously think about walking over it in an attempt to be invited to join her design team).

Today, I will be sharing the three projects that represent my best design style which will allow Andrea and her team the opportunity to not only see my design style ...... but also my style of writing.  SO ..... Let's get this party started.

First up is the fun project I made for my Grandkids classmates, which was posted on 12/22/11. 
(http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=1631178639265827936&postID=4904033414463808452)
Having seven little grandkids that I make holiday treats for allows me the opportunity to create fun projects in a BIG WAY.  Making 175 (and YES.....You did hear that correctly .... One Hundred and Seventy Five) holiday treats - for them to share with their classmates also keeps me busy and out of trouble to say the least.
To create this little cutie, I went to the Dollar Store and picked up several pairs of red gloves and immediately came home and cut off the fingers to each of the gloves.  (The fingertips were going to be used to make the snowman hats)  Next I rolled up the fingertips to form a hat and then popped it on the top of a wrapped hersey nugget.  (the nugget was wrapped with a white Avery mailing label)  I then added the face to my snowman and a pom-pom to the top of the hat and this project was done (well.....almost done ..... I only had to make 22 more of these little cuties to complete Steven's class).
The pink snowman was for Steven's teacher (who by the way - he is in LOVE LOVE LOVE with his first grade teacher ..... but seriously ..... what kid isn't in love with their first grade teacher?).
I think this was my all time favorite treat that I sent out to my grandkids this year.

My second project is by far my favorite papercrafting love and that is cardmaking.  This card was featured on my blog 3/26/11 (http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=1631178639265827936&postID=7968286123678511649).  It spotlights Stamping, using the Big Shot, and some Creative Details that make this an awesome "thinking of you" card.
This card started out as a challenge card from my SaddleBrooke Stampers group.  We were given the stamped basket and told to create something. 
I stamped the Stampin' UP! Easter Bunny onto chocolate chip card stock and then embossed him with clear embossing powder and cut him out with my paper snips (just love SU paper snips!).  I placed my cut out Easter Bunny in the center of my basket and surrounded him with eggs and grass for that little WOW FACTOR he was needing.
I ran my base card through my Big Shot and used the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder to create a  super fun frame for my easter basket to be centered in.  With the help of a Nestabilities Label Die, I was able to stamp my "Thinking of You" sentiment directly in the center of my diecut label and simply added some Polka Dot Ribbon to each end of my label and secured it to the top of my embossed frame.
I framed my basket with a mat of Whisper White and Melon Mambo carstock and then added several layers of dimensionals to the back of my basket and centered that piece at the bottom of my card. 
And what would an Easter Basekt be without Easter Eggs and Grass?  So both of these elements were generoulsy added and secured into place.
This card was sent off to a friend back in Wisconsin that is in a Nursing Home - and I just know it must have brighten up not only her day ...... but also her room.
And my last project was posted on 9/7/11 and was a little something I made for each of my grandkids to give out to their Teachers, Principals AND School Bus Drivers at the beginning of the school year.  (http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=1631178639265827936&postID=6456540902127947437)
Of course I just had to use the new It's a Wrap Occasions stamp set from Stampin' UP! which is the perfect stamp set for this back to school project.  This stamp set is designed to be stamped onto White Avery Labels and then the labels are applied directly to your hersey nuggets.  You are then left with the most amazing and fun wrapped candy project.
The bus was created with the help of my Cricut and the DoodleCharm cartridge.
 And the hersey nuggets lined up perfectly in the small box that I created for my bus.
Of course my grandkids were thrilled to hand these out on the first day of school this year.

Many THANKS to Andrea for allowing me this opportunity to submit my three projects for a possible spot as one of her new Design Team Members.  It SERIOUSLY would be an honor to represent myself as a Paper Crafter's Library Design Team member.  I'm going to keep my fingers - toes and eyeballs crossed in hopes my work is EXACTLY what Andrea is looking for.

I'll be back tomorrow to share Part Two of my December Stamp Camp cards with you'all.......Hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

5 comments:

  1. fantastic choices. the chocolate bunny is delicious. fingers crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects- you are obviously super-gran! The mini Santas with hats are genius! Best of luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kadie!!! WOW!!!! What great projects!!!! I love your creativity! Those glove-finger hats are fantastic!!!! I also love all the texture on the bunny card! Wishing you the best of luck with the design team!!!!!! Thank you, as well, for your kind comments on my blog - that was incredibly sweet of you!!!!! Happy New Year!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kadie...how did you make those cute little snowmen?

    ReplyDelete