Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 24 and my Christmas Mailbox Gift

It's Christmas Eve and that means we are nearing the end of my Countdown to Christmas for Jack. 
Today's gift is an entire day of watching College Football with not even one single interruption.  ENJOY this gift made especially for you Jack!
My post today is a special delivery that I made early this morning to several of my favorite SaddleBrooke neighbors and friends.  I created these super fun "Hot Cocoa for Two" pouches and hung them on my neighbors and friends mailboxes as an early Christmas gift for each of them.
The pouches are filled with Hot Cocoa ...... a layer of Chocolate Chips ...... and topped with a final layer of marshmallows.  All my friends need to do is open their pouch up and divide the ingredients into two mugs ..... add some hot water and POW ...... instant Hot Cocoa for two. 
This scallop circle layer was created to cover the Watson advertisement which was printed on the side of each of the bags.  I simply stamped the mug image onto Whisper White cardstock ...... I then added several layers of chocolate colored cardstock to create a scalloped image and then added that scallop circle layer to the side of my bag.
I printed out the instructions onto some Close to Cocoa card stock and then with the help of my trusty Big Shot ....... I was able to die cut out my labels in this fun Nestability label shape. 
All I then needed to do was pop the scallop label directly on to the bag with the help of some Stampin' UP! dimensionals.
And here's my treat bags waiting to have their pretty red bow and tag attached to the top of the bag.
It took only a few ingredients to create these fun treat bags ........ 
The bags were filled with one cup of hot cocoa mix ..... a half cup chocolate chip pieces ..... and a half cup of marshmellows.  That's all the ingredients it took to pull these treat bags together!
And here are all twenty treats lined up waiting for delivery! 
I just love how this project came together ...... and it reminded me of days gone by.  I had actually made this project about seven years ago for my co-workers at the hospital that I worked for back in Wisconsin.  The treats were a HUGE HIT back then ...... and I'm sure that my SaddleBrooke friends will be smiling today when they head out to their mailboxes and see this fun little Christmas gift that I made for them.  Merry Christmas Friends!

I'm off to enjoy a FULL DAY of PLAY in my studio.  I have completed all my Christmas projects and I have met all my Christmas deadlines ......... so for the next 24 hours ....... I plan to RELAX and PLAY

Hope you have a FABULOUS Christmas Eve and I'll be back tomorrow to share a special Christmas Post with you ....... hope you can come back and join me for that. 
KEEP LIVING YOUR DREAM!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your inspiring blog with all your wonderful cards and projects - I hope you have a blessed Christmas!!

    Jan S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! You are making me crave cocoa! Scott would have loved a day of uninterrupted footbal. Jack is a lucky guy. Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kadie, Love, love my cocoa gift. After a day on the golf course with the cold weather we are having, I know the hot cocoa will be enjoyed by me and I just might share it with Tom since he is the one that found it hanging on the tube. Many thanks for this yummy treat.

    Rubber Hugs,

    Opal

    ReplyDelete