Friday, February 15, 2013

Jack's Valentine's Gift

Happy Happy Friday Blogger Friends!
Today I am going to share the special little Valentine's gift I made for Jack.  It hard to go out and buy something for the man who has EVERYTHING......and every holiday I think.....what do you buy?  I have found it so much more heartfelt if I make something for him.  And honestly.......Jack will spends YEARS adoring what I've made for him and showing it off to anyone who comes within two feet of where he has it displayed.  This gift is a combination of one of Jack's FAVORITE LOVES (Soccer) and my desire to express my love to him.  This is the perfect little gift I came up with for him........Check this cutie out......


I prepared for him a yummie box of chocolates.....a Red Glimmer take-out box (filled with his surprise)......and left him the last "message in the bottle" note.
Here's a close-up of the take-out box.........
 
And when he opened it up....this is what I tucked inside......
 It is a deck of playing cards (soccer no less)....that I made "Kadie PRETTY"! 
 
I took a deck of Soccer Playing Cards and added my own pretty touch.  I created a "52 Things I Love About You" booklet.
I added a colored circle (Real Red, Tangerine Tango and Crumb Cake) to the center of each soccer playing card and then type up 52-different LOVE YOU messages and cut them apart and adhered them over each of the colored circles.
 This is my favorite Reason Why I LOVE this man........
 
And this is my favorite way to end my day........
Here's what the top of each playing card looked like.  I simply punched out a 1-3/8" Real Red Circle.....Added a 1-1/4" Basic Black Circle and then punched out the numbers 1-52 with a 1" circle punch.
All the cards were joined together with a HUGE office supply ring......and then I pulled out several of my favorite SU ribbons that coordinated with my soccer theme. 


 
The other treat I made Jack was inspired from Di Gibbs who took a box of chocolates and put a pretty spin on not only the box...but she also decorated the lid.  But of course......I had to take it one additional step and I had to decorate the entire inside of my box of chocolates. 
I covered my box of chocolates with the new Real Red  Core'dinations Colorcore CardStock and used my new sanding tool to distress the edges of my heart.  I then die-cut out a Crumb Cake scallop heart with the SU Framelits ....... Die-cut a Red Glimmer Paper Heart and then on top of that another smaller Crumb Cake heart.
 I added some Victoria Crochet Trim and a pair of Real Red Glimmer Brads and positioned that over the top of my small Crumb Cake heart.  I then used the "You Are Loved" stamp set and made my "Love" sentiment for the top of my box of chocolates. 
I grabbed my SU Framelits and diecut out another Crumb Cake heart and using the "You Are Loved" stamp set.....I stamped my Happy Valentine's Day message on my heart........
 
But wanting to do something special with the five pieces of candy that were inside the box.....I grabbed my new SU Paper Doilies and created little mini doilies for each of my candies to sit upon.
 
 
  
Here's how the chocolates looked resting on their sweet little doilies!

So there you have it......the special Valentine Day gifts that I gave to Jack....I know he loved his gifts and I am blessed to have this man in my life.
 
I'll be back tomorrow to share a few more Valentine's treats that I received.....hope you can make plans to come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! You are so thoughtful to incorporate his love of soccer and chocolate into your gifts! It sounds like you're both a treasure! If I ever travel Arizona I'm looking you two up!!

    ReplyDelete