Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Wine Down Wednesday-Birthday Flip Card

Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
My blog post for today is Wine-Down Wednesday.  My middle of the week card feature for today will hopefully offer you some inspiration and provide you with some motivation to keep you moving through your busy week.  Let's jump right in with my card share for today........
This fun little flip-up birthday card can be put together with a half sheet of 8-1/2"x 11" cardstock.  It packs a punch.....and doesn't require any additional cardstock than what you would use to create a standard A2 card.  You will do some simple cutting and all the cardstock pieces you cut off (with the exception of one tiny little piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock) will be used to create this card.
The card front flips up to reveal the perfect placement of a sweet birthday message.  To get the flip up section for this card you simply cut your Pear Pizzazz cardstock off from the center fold at 1-3/4".  You then trim the cut off Pear Pizzazz cardstock to measure 1-3/4"x4-1/4" and this is the panel you will use at the bottom potion of your card. 
What you have left over is a piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock that will be trimmed down to 3-1/2 x 2" and that will be what you use as your center panel.  This panel you will add a panel of Whisper White cardstock and stamp your fun balloon's onto that.  All that is left to do is attach the center panel to the top and bottom panels ...... and this will be what holds your card together.
I attached two balloons to my inside panel ...... And used my clear Wink of Stella to shine up the Mossy Meadow balloons.
And without a doubt.......The now retired 'Sassy Salutations' set was the PERFECT sentiment to add to the inside of my card.
I'm just nuts about the way this card turned out ........ And would like to thank Darla Roberts for sharing with our SU Stampers Group how to make this card.

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Tag Thursday creation with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. I love that clever engineering and will have to give this a try! Sweet how the balloons peek out from the inside.

    ReplyDelete