Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Mortarboard Card

Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
Before I jump into my share today......I have yet another Twoie update for you.  Here are some pictures my daughter set me this week......
The weather is turning really nice in Madison, Wisconsin......So Jenni took Twoie outside for his 9-month pictures.  She turned around to take some pictures of him and she caught him EATING THE GRASS!

And when she took the grass out of his hands (and mouth).......He decided it was time to make a break for it.......And leaves Chow behind on the blanket.  OH SO CUTE!

So now on with today's share.  I have a great little graduation card to share with you.........One that is PERFECT for this time and year.  The great news on this graduation card.......you can change it up to reflect your school colors.
You start out with a base card of 4-1/4" x 9-3/4".  Score at 5-1/2".  Score diagonally at 7-5/8.  Slip over and score again diagonally at 7-5/8".  Mark 2" on both sides and at the top and this will be your cut lines to position into your trimmer and cut off these sections.  This will form the points to your cap.
Your colored cardstock is cut at 2-3/4" x 2-3/4" and will fit perfectly onto the front of your card......forming the cap for the front of your card.  For my tassel........I used a Candy Dots Brad Base and one of the Neutrals Whisper White Candy Dots to attach my Whisper White Bakers Twine. 
Here's what your card will look like when you lift open the cap.  I stamped a simple "Congratulations" on the inside of my card (which you can see also when the card is closed).
So there you have it friends.  A graduation card that comes together very quickly and will make anyone who receives it SMILE......BIG!

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share with you more projects I've been working on .............. Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. That's funny! I just printed these directions as my one Nephew is graduating this month and needed to make a card. I picked the one you made on your blog. You made it look so super. I hope I can do the same. =)
    I hope you get my comment. I normally get your blog e-mail around 11PM so I'll check tonight to make sure I get it. Fingers crossed. Thanks so much for your help.

    ReplyDelete