Monday, December 05, 2011

November Crafternooner Cards

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends.......I'm heading down to my local Scrapbooking Store today to take a Countdown to Christmas Card Class with my BFF......I'll be sharing those cards with you later this week.......But Speaking of Countdown to Christmas....Let me share Day 5 of Jack's Countdown to Christmas Calendar with you.......
 For Day 5 - I will be offering Jack a homemade cake for his 5th Christmas gift.  He gets to pick the flavor......and I will be making it for him whenever he is ready.
For my card share today, I will be sharing the cards that my Craternooner friends made for our November swap card.  First up is Berta's card.  Our color challenge was maroon and green and our optional technique was embossing on vellum.  Berta's card certainly met all the challenges.
Berta embossed her "Christmas Greetings" message on the vellum and added an adorable christmas tree accent piece along the bottom edge of her vellum piece.  Very nicely done Berta!
My second card is from Opal.  Opal nailed all the requirements for this card challenge.  LOVE LOVE LOVE the stamp set she used and her embossed vellum piece is so beautiful.  
My picture does not pick up all the shine that came from the stamped image that Opal embossed.  It is such a lovely stamped image and by embossing the vellum piece the end result was so sparkly.
And my last card is from my BFF Jan.  She created a serious masterpiece (as usual).  The maroon and green colors work so well together....and the embossing just hit this one out of the park.......  
Jan added a piece of vellum to the inside of her card and embossed her "Celebrate Today" message across the top.  Awesome Awesome Job Jan!
And my swap card I stamped the "Hello Doily" (P.127) stamp set onto a piece of vellum and embossed that with some deep red embossing powder.
Here's a close-up of my Hello Doily image embossed on my vellum panel.  I don't emboss much and when I do I tell myself to bring out the embossing powder and do this technique more often.

Thanks for joining me toay - I'll be back tomorrow to share with you my Christmas decoration at my Arizona home.  Hope you can join me.

Keep Living Your Dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment