Monday, December 26, 2011

Gift for Opal

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!  Hope you had a FABULOUS Christmas!   I spent the entire day with Jack and my favorite chair in my studio.  It was an AMAZING DAY!  
Today, I will be heading out with my two good friends Kris and Debbie to do some serious after Christmas shopping.  We are heading to both Joann's and Michael's to see if we can score some deals on any of the new Cricut Cartridges. 
As for my share for today ...... I have a sweet little gift that I made for Opal when our Crafternooner group met last Friday.  Check this out ......
My Crafternooners group meets on the 4th Friday of the month.  This month .... It was just Opal and myself that met.  SO ...... I just couldn't resist making Opal a little something somthing.  Here is the fun little bag I handed to Opal when I walked in the door.  I actually thought I was being CUTE by re-using the bag that I thought she used for her "Secret Santa" gift exchange with our SaddleBrooke Stampers Group.  Turns out it wasn't Opal's bag ...... so the joke was on me (this time)!
I pulled out one of the extra tags I had made for our tag exchange and used that for Opal's gift.  The tag was super fast to make ...... I just punched the Stampin' UP! snowflake punch in the center of a Night of Navy tag and ran chunky glitter along the outside edges of my tag and matted it onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock for the base!
The actual gift that I made Opal was designed by Andrea Walford (http://sunnystampingstudio.com) over at Sunny Stamping Studio.   Andrea shared how to make this super cute and super fun tag portfolio on her blog about two years ago and I love love love making this portfolio and giving them out at Christmas time.  Check it out .......
The portfolio closes up with the help of a scallop flap and a tiny piece of velcro - which secures the flap closed and helps to keep the tag inside the clear envelopes that are on each side of the portfolio.
When you open the portfolio ...... it exposes two pockets that holds the dozen matching tags that I made for Opal.
 I mixed and matched the tags to coordinate with the retired DSP used for my portfolio.
I was able to tuck six tags into each of the clear envelope pockets.  
And since the envelopes are side loading envelopes ...... the tags stay inside the portfolio instead of falling out the top (which would happen if I had used clear top loading style envelopes).
 I had so much fun creating this portfolio for Opal and just know that she will enjoy it.
Please head over to Andrea Walford's blog to find out how to make this amazing little portfolio.  If you do head over to her blog ...... allow yourself PLENTY OF TIME to visit ..... I am serious when I say ....... everything she post is worth reading and her "How To" videos are AMAZING! 

Tomorrow I will begin sharing the 5-cards that we made at Stamp Camp last Wednesday - So I'm hoping that you can return tomorrow to check those projects out.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Kadie, I love the tag portfolio that you made for me. I just happen to have the retired DSP that you used for the tags and will use it to wrap a gift to match my new tags. Thanks for thinking of me. I will spend some time on Andrea Walford's blog and hopefully learn some new techniques.

    Rubber Hugs,

    Opal

    ReplyDelete