Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 22 and Grandkids School Treats

Today is Day 22 of my Countdown to Christmas gift to Jack .... and today I have one of Jack's and my favorite things to do in the morning ....... I will be taking Jack down to Beyond Bread for an Espresso, Sourdough Roll with Brie Cheese Breakfast.  SERIOUSLY his favorite breakfast made for champions!
As MANY of you know ....... I have seven school age grandkids that I make holiday treats for.  I started this when my oldest grandson was in preschool and he is now in middle school .... and LONG LIVE the tradition.  All is fair in love and grandchildren ..... and my oldest grandson is now joined by six other grandkids that I just can't disappoint not making treats for.  SO.....while the kids are still interested in me doing these treats for their classmates ..... I will continue making holiday treats and driving myself half crazy doing it (OH BUT WHAT A WAY TO GO!).  That means I make a minimum of 175 treats at each holiday for the kids and typically I try to make a different treat for each of the grandkids.  Let me share what I made four of my seven grandkids for their Christmas Treats. 
First up is my oldest grandson Jared's treats.  Jared is in Middle School and he is SO OKAY with me only making the treats for his teachers.  I typically make something BIG for him (as I only have to make 9 treats for him).  These are snowman covered full sized Hershey bars.
They are complete with a white cardstock wrapped body (Kerry offered this print out a couple years ago and I still have the template) ..... and I made a red stocking cap out of felt along with a black scarf from felt.  SUPER FAST and SUPER CUTE!
Next up is Steven's classmates treats.  This project came from my friend Kris - who showed me how to take a $1.00 red glove and cut off the finger tips and fold that piece up and fix it over a hersey nugget to create the snowmans hat.
By adding a pom pom to the top of the cap and wrapping the hersey nugget with a white mailing label - all I need to do was add in a face for my snowman and BAM ..... I called this one done!  The pink snowman is for my grandson to give to his teacher (which he is in LOVE LOVE LOVE with).
I made these cello bag candy gifts for my grandson Bodie in California.  I put candy treats in a Stampin' UP! cello bag and added a scallop topper and this project was together in NO TIME!
 I stamped a Santa image and punched out a couple different cirlces and added those to a scallop circle and adhered those pieces to the top of the cello bag.  TOTAL WOW FACTOR which took me VERY LITTLE TIME to create.
And last is my youngest grandson from California Zev.  His school does not allow for food treats to be brought into the classroom......so.....this requires me to head down to the dollar store and pick up something like pencils or notepads to create gifts for him to share with his fellow classmates. 
I picked up some Christmas/Holiday pencils and put each into a cello bag and created a bag topper for each of the pencils - making for a fun little treat for Zev to share with his fellow classmates.

I got SERIOUSLY LUCKY with my three granddaughters ....... each of them requested I make my Magically Reindeer Food treats for their classmates.  This was simply adding oatmeal and red sprinkles to a small bag and adding a bag topper that has a "Magical Reindeer Food Poem" attached to it.  The kids sprinkle the reindeer food on their front lawns Christmas Eve night and the red sprinkles help Santa and the reindeer find the kids home on Christmas Eve night.  I'm not sure why I didn't take a picture of all 77 of those ..... HOLY BUCKETS ...... at one point I was up to my eyeballs in MAGICALLY REINDEER FOOD.

I'll be back tomorrow to share a couple Christmas gifts I received from some of my club gals - hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. you're a madwoman! love all the goodies but how do you find the time! That's right . . . you never sleep--like me! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! How awesome of a grandmother are you? Amazing work. I need your motivation...maybe when I have grandkids...which better be a while, lol.
    Happy Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete