Saturday, July 27, 2013

Christmas In July Fun Shop

Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends!
Today I have a fun little swap card to share with you.  It's one that my SaddleBrooke Stamper Friends will be making today at our Saturday Fun Shop Event.  We are doing Christmas in July and this is the fun little card that I will be having the ladies create.........

I used some retired Stampin' UP! DSP for my background panel and then the ladies will tear some Whisper White cardstock to begin making snow drifts. 
Frosty is made with a stamp and diecut set that I had in my stash.......and by adding some Crystal Effects to his scarf and holly berry diecuts.....This little guy just SCREAMS Holiday Fun!
I added a touch of Crystal Effects to his nose.....and added some stitching lines to his hat with my Signo White Gel Pen. 
For a little WOW FACTOR......I used my Two-Way Glue Pen to added some Dazzling Diamonds around the outer edges of the body of my Frosty!
To make the snow drift......I cut three different sections of Whisper White cardstock (1", 1-1/2" an 2"......each by 4-1/4") and torn the upper edge of the smallest piece and then inked the edges with some retire Bashful Blue ink.  I then glued that piece to the 1-1/2" piece of Whisper White cardstock and by doing this.....I was able to use the edge of the smallest piece as my guide on where to tear the next snow drift.  This allowed me to get even and defined edges to my snow drift.
I then attached the second panel (after inking the edges with the Bashful Blue ink) to the 2" panel of Whisper White and began tearing that last panel to create the third layer of my snow drift.  I also inked the edges of the 2" torn panel with the same Bashful Blue ink and this gave me three snow drifts for my Frosty to sit in.  The final step to creating my snow drift was to use my Two-Way Glue Pen and some more Dazzling Diamonds to the top edge of all three layers of my snow drifts and that put the finishing touch on my snow drift panel. 
I added a cute little "Let it Snow" sentiment to the top right corner of my card and that completed this fun little Christmas in July card for my fellow SaddleBrooke Stamper Friends. 
LOVE how this card turned out!  I'm going to make some kits up for Hailey and let her create these Frosty cards for one of our upcoming Skype Sunday projects.  Just know she's going to have fun with this one.
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to begin sharing cards that I'm making (and mailing) for my InkBig Group Challenge for next week.  Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

3 comments:

  1. Ah! Love this Snowman die! You're lucky to have it! And your Snow drifts! they're perfect! What a great little tutorial..if only I had a snowman! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's such a handsome devil. My favorite part is the Crystal Effects on the scarf. Really snazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooohh....I just adore snowmen. I have then all over my house. This guy is sooooo stinkin' cute!! May I purchase this card from you? I would love to display it in my craft room. He just brings on smiles and happiness! I would love to frame it and hang it on my wall above my desk. My e-mail addy is dodge3670 AT aol DOT com. The snow drift are amazing. Goodness, thank you so much for sharing and for the tutorial. You are so talented!!!! Blessing!

    ReplyDelete