Wednesday, May 26, 2010

While I Was Gone - Look What Happened

Well...I'm back.....Sort-Of! Before I hit the blog running with my Kard Kreations - I want to share with you the new addition to our back yard wall. We had Dolly Dove decide that she was going to build her nest on our wall. Here she is getting ticked off with me for coming back to check out her nest..... Here is Dolly in all her glory - sitting on her nest (build on the palm branch which extended over on to our back wall).......Think she could have build her nest in a more protected location......but guess when you have to lay an egg (or two)....you have to go with what works.
So, here I was able to pull back the Palm branches and shot this picture of Ms Dollies two eggs. As you can see from the top of this picture - she jumped off the eggs but landed right on the wall right above the palm - upper left hand corner.
Dolly quickly headed back to the nest when I was done taking pictures of her eggs.
I can only image (in this picture) her thinking....ENOUGH with the pictures lady.....go away. (WHICH I DID.......)
I checked the internet on how long it would be before I could expect babies and it was somewhere between 14-17 days........on the 15th day - I went out to look and momma was gone - along with the eggs. I'm hoping that the Road Runner I saw on the wall earlier in the day didn't decide to have a free lunch. Have no idea if baby Dove just up and go or if Momma moves them to a saver location. (Again......I think if I had build the nest - I would have gone for higher ground)
Hope you enjoyed my pictures of the latest addition to our ever growing wildlife in the desert. Please stop back tomorrow when I'll be sharing some pictures of the lovely flowers that have busted out in our yard. Keep Living Your Dream.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kadie
    I hope Dolly the Dove makes her next nest in a little safer location. she sure did look pretty in that palm, though!
    great pics, too!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete