Monday, February 13, 2017

Mix-It-UP! Monday

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Today is Mix It UP! Monday and I have an upgraded version of the card I shared with you yesterday.  I used the exact same product that was used to create yesterday's card ....... but added a couple additional products (found in both the 2017 Occasions Catalog and the 2016-2017 Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog) to bring this card up to the next stamping level.
Here is my Spot Light Sunday card on the LEFT......
And today's Mix-It-UP! Monday card on the RIGHT...... 
For today's card I made the SLIGHTEST UPGRADES......
But those upgrades made for a DYNAMIC statement.
I started out by embossing my 'Big on Birthdays' sentiment with Black Embossing Powder.  Just love how much SHINE was created by doing this step to my sentiment.
I kept the two inch 'Urban Underground DSP' panel down the left hand side of my card ........ But I added a Black circle with a 'Lace Doilies' on top of that Black Circle and then attached that piece to my birthday sentiment panel.
I topped off my 'Urban Underground' DSP panel with a piece of the new 'Very Vanilla 1/4" Satin Ribbon' and added a Black Baker's Twine bow to the top of the ribbon.
I just love how this layout turned out.  And even though I was going for a masculine feel for my card, just by adding the doilies and ribbon to this card I was able to use it for both male and female birthdays. 
So there you go my friends......I have to say.......
I LOVE 'EM BOTH!!!!
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a 3-D Tuesday creation with you ...... Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream! 

1 comment: