Monday, December 07, 2015

Mix It UP! Monday Hexagon Upgrade

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
I had originally planned on attending Brooke's swim meet yesterday morning and then heading to a stamping party with my Stampin' UP! friends.....but at the very last minute.....the stamping party got rescheduled and it was just too late for me to change my plans.  SO.......Sunday was spent entirely at my Granddaughter's swim meet and playing with the kids at the house.  Here's some pictures of the fun we had yesterday.....
 
Sunday night was St Nick night.......and we all left our shoes outside the front door and St Nick did not disappoint us.  He even left something in Trinity's portable water bowl.
  
Sunday morning my daughter made scrambled eggs and sausage ........ And of course Twoie had to do some 'pretend' cooking of his own while Mom was cooking up the breakfast.
  
We left early to head to Watertown for Brooke's swim meet.  I learned that all the girls write the meets they will be swimming in on their arm (or leg)........and here is Brooke after her first meet (that she finished in FIRST PLACE).
  
Here I am with my little fish ....... and I think her dad wins 'Father of the Universe' award for all the support he gives her with both swim and karate.
Here she is with her second 1st place win.  (OH SO PROUD!)
  
And when I got home ....... Twoie was busy making cookies with his Play Doh machine ....... So I joined in and played with him.  SUPER AWESOME SUNDAY! 

My blog post for today is Mix It UP! MondayI have an upgraded version of the card I shared with you yesterday.  I used the exact same product that was used to create yesterday's card ....... but I added a couple additional products (found in the 2015 Stampin' UP! Holiday Catalog) to bring this card up to the next stamping level. 
Here's my Spot-Light Sunday card on the left .......
And my Mix-It-UP! Monday card on the right.
This card uses three additional products.....
First is the 'Lots of Bubbles' embossing folder on the Real Red panel.
I also changed the orientation of the punched DSP hexagon pieces to do more of a pattern on the front of my card.
I also added some Venetian Crochet Trim and Silver Sequin Trim around the front of my card.
A simply darling little holiday card that didn't take much additional work to bring my Spot-Light Sunday card up to the next stamping level.
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a 3-D Tuesday creation with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry that you couldn't attend your stamp party with your friends; but, how fun and exciting to see Brooke win her swim meet. Congrats Brooke!!! How cool is that! Yay!
    Well, how fun was St. Nick night! I must not have been good this year as there wasn't anything in my shoe!!! =)
    Oh for Heavens sakes...it really looks like Twoie is cooking up something real and awesome! How stinkin' cute!!!
    Awesome pic's Kadie!!!
    What a neat stepped up hexagon card. LOVE the addition of the lace and sequins. Perfection!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us and for the smiles. You surely are creating a lot of new memories!!!! Keep it going GirlFriend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you Lynn on ALL of the above. Having a blast and love being in my happy place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how an entirely new look evolves with movement of the hexagons. Another great Kadie card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree mary. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete