Thursday, August 09, 2012

Pick-a-Petal Sympathy Card

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown Till We See The Grandkids - 18 Days!
Today I have one more sympathy card to share with you.  This one is not your typical sympathy card - it's a pretty "Pick-a-Petal" card that worked out to be a lovely sympathy card which I sent to my daughter and son-in-law for the recent loss of his brother in a very tragic accident.  Here is the card I made for them......
I stamped in two different colors of a pretty salmon/orange colored cardstock three each of the retired Pick-a-Petal stamp set.  I then cut each of the petals out and lined them up around a diecut button that had a piece of pretty white ribbon attached to the center.
The background piece was stamped with a very small flower stamp that I had in my stash and I really liked the way this sympathy card turned out.  My heart is breaking for my son-in-law who is taking his brothers death SO HARD and only time will get him through this.

LOTS ON MY PLATE today.........I'm going to try to get started on my September Camp and Club packets.......I want to finish up my Fall Fest 40-card swap cards...........Get my Theme and Challenge cards done for my September SaddleBrooke Stampers Group........and then I have plans this evening to have dinner with my good friend Debbie and her husband Eddie (we will miss you Kris.....).  Then Friday my good good friend Kris and I are taking a roadtrip down to BlueMoon Scrapbooking (come on Debbie.....You know you want to come along.......) and we planned to do some serious shopping and damage to our wallets.  I'm hoping that Debbie can make plans to join Kris and me as it's always a FUN PACKED DAY when the three of us get together - but for right now.....It's just Kris and me for our Friday roadtrip. 

I'll be back tomorrow to share a fun little Thinking of You card with you - Hope you can join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!


2 comments:

  1. the flower background is just the right amount of pattern. the card is so simple and pretty. i can hardly believe the button is a die cut . . . so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been following your blog for months now, and decided it was about time I commented!

    I always enjoy seeing the projects, am often inspired by them, and I also love reading the details of your life! I visited Arizona 4 years ago and fell in love with the desert; I'm desperate to return!

    So a big thank you from England x

    ReplyDelete