Thursday, August 23, 2012

August Stamp Club Card Projects

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown Till We See The Grandkids - 4 Days!
I'm at ALL SYSTEMS GO.......and......FULL SPEED AHEAD today as I race around getting things in place for our upcoming trip back to Wisconsin.  LORDY.....there's lots to do!  I'm spending the day today with MANY of my SaddleBrooke GalPals and we are making Cards for the Troops with our Stamping Friend Maureen.  She hosts a yearly event in memory of her son Bill who was killed as a result of a hit and run accident.  This year we are prepping the card packets at the Little House and today is one of the three days I'm free to join in the fun. 

My cards today are those that we created at Stamp Club last Saturday.  Check these cutie out.....
First up is the Triple Time Stamping (or Multi Layer Stamping that my friend Kris calls it) that is all over the internet right now.  My club gals practiced this technique on Saturday.
We used Elegant Eggplant and Very Vanilla cardstock to create the layers for our card......and then we used Elegant Eggplant and Summer Starfruit ink to stamp our images.  Our images were stamped with the Everything Eleanor stamp sets........And this is one set which I am totally thrilled that I purchased fron the new catalog. 
We used the "A Word for You" stamp set for our sentiment and the Papillion Potpourri butterfly image was stamped in the Summer Starfruit and then punched out with the new SU Butterfly punch.  Love how this color combination turned out and think it was the favorite of the Club Gals too.
Our 3x3 flower idea came from fellow SU demonstrator Erin Gonzales. She made her card an A2 style card and I just wanted to create one of these fun little folded flowers and pop it on a 3x3 card. 
We folded eight 1" circles to create the petals for our flower and then stacked several scallop and circle layers to create the center of our flower.  On the very top layer we added an Embosslits Beautiful Wings Butterfly to the center 3/4" circle and our layered flower was complete.
We used the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set and framelits die to create our sentiment across the bottom of our card and added a couple of thin slivers of cardstock to the top petal of our flower and wrapped a pencil around the cardstock to create a curly piece coming out of our flower.  This card was lots of fun to make and the best part of it is you have lots of wiggly room at the center of your flower - because of all the circle layers that go into the center of your flower.  FUN FUN CARD!
 
Thanks for joining me today - I've got a SUPER BUSY day planned out today and plan to put my nose to the grindstone tomorrow in order to get all my last minute things DONE.  Hope you can join me tomorrow for more Kards by Kadie.  Keep Living Your Dream!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Girlfriend...
    I think I'm going to be doing some CASE'd projects as well...Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an elegant triple time stamping card! love the second card, too, especially the pop of a green punched butterfly! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete