Wednesday, August 22, 2012

August Stamp Club 3-D Project

Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown Till We See The Grandkids - 5 Days!
Today I have the 3-D Project that my Club gals made at our August Stamp Club meeting last Saturday.  Check out this ADORABLE little cuties............
We made these ADORABLE Floral Framelits Poppy Flowers for our 3-D project at Stamp Club.  The inspiration came straight out of the new catalog on Page 70.......But the HOW TO came from my fellow SU Demonstrator Karen who gave us a demo on how to make these fun little poppies at our SW Stampers meeting in July.
All you do is die-cut out three of your favorite colored cardstock with the "Floral Framelits" dies.  You cut out one of the petals from your diecut flowers and then fold over and join the petals to create these super fun 3-D poppy flowers.
We ended up using our White Gel Pen to stitch around the outer edges of our flowers before we glued them together.  We added a knotted piece of Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon to the center of our Poppies and after doing that three times.....our flowers were DONE!
We created a tiny little hole at the base of our poppies and ran a piece of Floral Stem Wire through that hole and secured it into place with a glue dot.  We then added our piece of Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon to the center of our Poppy Flower and our Poppy Vase creation was completed.
 Here's a close-up of the Poppy Flower that I created.
And what project wouldn't be complete without the added touch of some new 3-1/2" Scalloped Tulled Ribbon in Crumb Cake and Early Espresso.
MANY THANKS to Karen for sharing the How-To on creating these little cuties.....The ladies had fun creating their own Poppy Flower Vase and the entire project was a huge success!  I leave you today with a sneak peek at the two cards we created at Stamp Club last Saturday.  Hope you can join me tomorrow when I share those fun little creations with you.

Keep Living Your Dream!


3 comments:

  1. love your paper bouquet. they look so modern and fun in the vases you chose! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning up my emails and I see I've saved this post, well No wonder!! I must get a collection of these little jars and try this project! Mod for sure!

    ReplyDelete