Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween Gum Treat Holder

Happy Happy Friday My Blogger Friends!
Count-Down to Wisconsin in 35 Days!
It's RSVP day for my Stamp Camp friends and we will be doing the 12-Tags of Christmas at my November Camp.  Let me tell you friends........I CAN NOT WAIT to share with you the 12-tags that we will be making at camp.  SERIOUSLY FUN and LOADED with HOLIDAY HAPPY!
 
My share today is the gum holder that I made for my oldest grandson Jared to give out to his Middle School Teachers on Halloween.  Check these cuties out........
 I made these for Jared to hand out to his teachers on Halloween.  Jared is in Middle School and feels he's too old to hand out candy to his classmates - so he thought giving his teachers a little Halloween T reat would be a fun way to join in on the HALLOWEEN FUN ....... AND ........ HUMOR HIS GRAMMIE!
I used some (retired) SU DSP and some that I had in my Halloween stash - and created the GHOST with the SU Owl Punch! 
All I did to make my Happy Haunting Wrapper was to unwrap the packaging that my Eclipse Gum came in and use that to make myself a template.  The original packaging had the seam joined at the side of the packaging and I wanted my packaging to meet at the back of my holder ....... so all I did was extend my edge about an inch so the seam closed at the back of my packaging instead of the side.
 The other thing I did was use my 3/4" circle punch to create a thumb hole so the gum could be easily removed.  I did this step AFTER I had my gum packaging assemblied and that way I knew for sure the hole matched up perfectly with that which the manufacturer created at the plant.
The "Happy Haunting" sentiment was from a VERY RETIRED SU set and it was punched out with the Word Window Punch and then adhered onto a Modern Label Punch.  Then I used dimensionals to adhere that piece to my package.
I used a coordinating piece of card stock to create a panel for each of my DSP panels to adhere to. 
And I used 5-different colors of cardstock to create my holder. 
Old Olive - Pumpkin Pie - Tangerine Tango - Basic Black and Going Gray! 
This little cutie is BY FAR one of my favorite.  It uses a retired Halloween DSP that SU sold several years ago.  It's my ALL-TIME FAVORITE Halloween DSP that SU EVER SOLD!
The Ghost was made with the help of the SU Owl Punch.  All you do is trim off his little feet and then ........ Turn him over and you have created an INSTANT LITTLE GHOST
Here's what the gum holder looks like from one of the ends......... 
And at the other end - the gum slips out.  This makes it perfect to resue the holder! 
And here's the notch that the 3/4" circle punch creates.
I just know that Jared is going to have fun handing these out to his teachers on Halloween and I even make enough for him to have one for himself and maybe a couple of his favorite friends.  Because of course.......we are NEVER TOO OLD to celebrate Halloween!
 
I'll be back tomorrow to share the Halloween Treats that I made for the rest of my Little People in Wisconsin.  They all received the same treats and that was because I knew they would all want to hand these little cuties out to each of their friends on Halloween.  Hope you can come back and join me tomorrow for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

3 comments:

  1. we are never to old and i'm sure your middle school grandkid will be proud to hand them out. this is sheer genius! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete