Friday, October 19, 2012

October Stamp Camp Part Two

Happy Friday My Blogger Friends!
Today I have a special lunch planned with two of my SaddleBrooke Stamping Friends - and I'm seriously looking forward to spending some time with both of these ladies.  I have Stamp Club tomorrow so I will need to come home from lunch and put my head down and put the final touches on Club for tomorrow.
 
My share today are the last two cards we made at Stamp Camp on Wednesday.  First up is the Faux-Metal card....... 
This card was a CASE from Dawn Olchefske who originally created this card back in July.  She called this her Need for Speed Faux-Metal Card.
I have to say that I probably would have NEVER bought this stamp set - but after seeing Dawn post this card and a video on how to do the Faux-Metal panel for this card......I JUMPED to my catalog and ordered this "Need for Speed" stamp set.
The real magic was creating the tire-track panel from Heavy Duty Foil.......
We used the Chevron Embossing Folder to create this amazing tire-track pane for the front of our card and it honestly was a total HIT with the ladies - AND - makes the most amazing masuline card!
Our little 3x3 card was inspired by Kay Kalhoff from Stampin to Share.
I created a gorgeous "stained glass" card using the Bordering on Romance" stamp set and some Vellum cardstock. 
We used White embossing powder to stamp our cluster of flowers and used the Stampin' Write Markers to color the backside of the embossed vellum.  This created a gorgeous stained-glass look on this card.
A simple "Take Care" sentiment was added to the bottom of our card and this darling little card came togther in no time.
 
Thanks for joining me today - I'll be back tomorrow to share the 3-D project that my Camp Gals made on Wednesday - Hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. two uber cool techniques. love the foil (never thought of the chevron as tire tracks) and the stained glass effect. dawn and kay are fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete