Thursday, October 25, 2012

More Halloween Decorations

Happy Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
Count-Down to Wisconsin in 36 Days!
Today I would like to share a fun little display I have in my studio to help me celebrate Halloween.  For those of you who know me ....... you know that HANDS DOWN - Halloween is my FAVORITE HOLIDAY.  I love everything about this holiday!  I love the colors - the spooky costumes - the creepy images but most of all ..... the CANDY!  I also like that other crafters like this holiday as much as I do ....... and that means - lots of projects that are being shared on the internet. 
I bought several of these cubes at Joann's and use them in my studio and tuck lots of little stampin supplies in each of the cubes.  I grabbed two of them to use on my studio counter to do an "OH-TO-HALLOWEEN COLLECTION".   
On the top I have a little Trick or Treat bag that my good good stampin buddy Kris made for me - and a "Boo" block that I made from some left over SU wood blocks and chipboard letters that I cut out with the help of my Cricut Machine. 
The next four blocks have a Spider Cider Holder - another set of three painted SU wooden blocks - a Tootsie Pop Witches Broom and a Monster Munchie Petite Purse Box. 
And the last four blocks have a Ghost Gum Holder - more SU wooden blocks - an "EEK" set of wooden blocks and last years treats for my SaddleBrooke Friends.
Here's a close-up of last years treat holder that I gave to my SaddleBrooke Friends.  The die is retired now but I still use it to hold holiday treats for my friends. 
This Ghost gum holder is what I made for my oldest grandson Jared's teacher gifts this Halloween.  I will be sharing how to make this gum holder with you in an upcoming post. 
This Tootsie Pop Witches Broom is ALL OVER THE INTERNET - but mine came from Di Gibbs who did a video tutorial on September 24th.   I made over 100 of these for my grandkids back in Wisconsin........They are taking them to school for their fellow classmates on Halloween.
And this fun little Monster Muchies treat box is actually the SU Petite Purse Die ..... TURNED UPSIDE DOWN!  Dawn Griffith did a fabulous video on how to make this project and my Club gals actually made this project last Saturday.
The Spider Cider Holder is another Dawn Griffith projects.  The inside of this holder has two pouches and each of those pouches will hold a tea bag that someone can brew up a delicious Spider Cider potion.
And one last look at the Brown Paper Bag treat holder that Kris Holmes made for me.  The "BOO" blocks were painted and all the edges were distressed to give it a creepy spooky look.  I also  used small pieces of diemsionals to pop up each of the letters. 
This is a fun little way for me to display lots of Halloween Projects and makes me SMILE BIG each and every time I walk into my studio.
 
Thanks for joining me today.......I'll be back tomorrow to share the Ghost Gum Holders that I made for my grandson Jared - Hope you can come back and join me for that share. 
 
Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the gum holder idea. I LOVE the cubes. Wish I had room in my room for something like this....hmmmm...I'll have to think about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still have that treat holder and love it. delightful display. the cubes are perfect for showing off your amazing projects!

    ReplyDelete