Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Holiday Extravaganza Part Two

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
Busy day today.....setting up for Camp and getting together with Opal/Tom and Jan/Nick to play Trivia this evening.  Hoping that our team of six helps us to finish in a double digit position.

Today's share will be the cards we made at Lorri Heilings Holiday Extravaganza this past Saturday in Phoenix (http://www.confessionsofastampingaddict.com).  Here's a recap of all the projects we made......
We created a total of NINE projects.......
Here's the first two cards we created......
We used the Holiday Tree from the "Scentsational Season" stamp set and stamp those three trees out in Gumball Green. 
My first version has  NAKED trees........
And my second card I DRESSED UP with some Crystal Effects and Dazzling Details!
LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about the "Sassy Salutations" stamp set.....
Our next card uses my favorite Holiday DSP "Snow Festival".  It reminds me SO MUCH of the Holiday DSP we had a couple years ago.......Of which I'm still using (hording).
We also added some of the AMAZING "Cherry Cobbler 3-1/2" Scalloped Tulle Ribbon" across the top of our card.....OH SO PRETTY!
We used the "Delightful Dozen" stamp set for our sentiment.  I don't have this set......but it has now gone on my MUST HAVE LIST! (thanks Lorri!)
We cut three pieces of "Snow Festival DSP" into banners and hung them from the top of our card.  We used a 1-1/4" square punch to create the tails of our banner.
And our last card was a Diorama Card!
By punching the Decorative Label Punch on the inside panel of our card before we closed and adhered our card ...... we were able to create an opening on the inside panel of our card.  We added a punched out decorative label punch to the punched out area of our card and that created a fun little label element for the inside of our card.
The real magic was created when Lorri had us create the cookie sheet for the front of our card!  We used the "Two Tags Bigz Die" and a square of our Brushed Silver Card Stock to create this adorable silver cookie sheet.
We added two stamped Gingerbread Men (in Chocolate Chip) from the "Scentsational Seasons" stamp set and running those two gingerbread men through the Big Shot with the coordinating Framelits Dies ....... we were able to create two perfectly shaped gingerbread men for our cookie sheet.  To create a "bite out" of one of the gingerbread mens head ........ we used the scallop punch from the new Itty Bitty Punch Pack.  That punch worked PERFECTLY for the "bite out" on our little cookie!
Here's a view of the cookie sheet we created.........it honestly looked like a cookie sheet!  Lorri's original sample had the "Merry" from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamped on the bottom right corner of my cookie sheet.  I just haven't ever seen a cookie sheet with "Merry" stamped on it.......and honestly......the cookie sheet was SO REAL LOOKING that I didn't want to take away from the look by adding a stamped sentiment to it.  So I opted not to stamp the "Merry" on my cookie sheet - sorry Lorri!
The finished card was SO STINKIN FABULOUS and I honestly think I'm going to figure out a way to use this cookie sheet on my yearly Gingerbread House Party invitations that I send out to my grandkids each year.  It will make it's way to my 2012 invitations....one way.......or another.  THANKS LORRI for this fabulous creation!
 
I'm off to finish the last minute details for my Stamp Camp tomorrow.......NEVER A DULL MOMENT FOR ME!  Hope you can join me tomorrow for the 3-D projects we made a Lorri's Extravaganza Event........I promise you.....You won't be disappointed.  Keep Living Your Dream!


1 comment:

  1. as always, so pretty . . . but that cookie sheet is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete