Monday, October 15, 2012

Holiday Extravaganza Event Part One

Happy Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Today I've got some SUPER FUN PLANS lined up with my new DFF GalPals (Kathie, Rochelle and Debbie).  We are getting together for lunch at Five Guys down in Tucson.  The timing of this get-together is PERFECT .......... I have Stamp Camp scheduled for this Wednesday - so I'm looking forward to a PLAY DAY today with three of the most amazing and funny ladies in SaddleBrooke.
 
My post today is Part One of the cards and projects we made at Saturday's Holiday Extravaganza that my SU Demo friend Lorri Heiling (http://www.confessionsofastampingaddict.com) hosted this past Saturday.  Here's a pic of the gals that went with me to Phoenix and Lorri too........
Jan, Carol, Gail, Marge, Opal, Abbie, Me, Lorri
Aren't we just an ADORABLE BUNCH!  I basically had to DRAG Lorri into this picture - she's honestly the "behind the scenes" kind of gal and I was thrilled that Opal had the good sense to bring her camera with her so we could have a few pictures taken of this WONDERFUL EVENT. (Even if the date says 1/26/2007 - I promise you it was taken on 10/13/2012!)
Here's a picture of all the cards and projects we made at Lorri's Extravaganza Event.......
 
The first project we made on Saturday was this STINKIN CUTE Gift Bag.  It worked double duty - It was our first project but also served as a great holder for us to tucked all the cards and projects we made at this event.
Lorri provided us with a brown sack with handles and walked us through decorating our plain brown sack and creating this OH SO CUTE Gift Bag.
We made a charming little tag for our gift bag - Turning a plain piece of Sahara Sand carstock into a fabulous "Season's Greetings" gift tag.  We joined five circles together to create a large round ornament for our tag....and by simply piercing holes around our ball ornament we added one additional layer of texture to our tag.  BRILLIANT LORRI!
 We stacked triangles on top of each other to create a very playful holiday tree.....
And our constructed holiday tree was centered onto a large Cherry Cobbler Labels Die.  I added some white stitching around my label image and some tiny white snowflakes on the label to jazz it up a little bit.
The next project we made was this ADORABLE hot cocoa holder!
The Chocolate Chip Dotted Ribbon acted as a closure for the front flap of our holder.....
And all you needed to do was remove the front flap from under the ribbon and the inside of the hot cocoa pouch was exposed.
Lorri even though to include a packet of Hot Cocoa Mix in each of our packets!
Our table embossed our holders with a snowflake embossing folder.......
And I added some Crystal Effects to the steam of my hot cocoa mug and also added Crystal Effects to the snowflake on my hot cocoa mug!
 
LOVE LOVE LOVE how these two projects turned out!  I will share with you tomorrow the two card projects we made at Lorri's event.  Hope you can join me tomorrow for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!


2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh Kadie you made my day! You are so sweet to post this - WOW you are FAST! I'm still trying to unpack my van! LOL SO MUCH FUN spending the afternoon with you and your friends!! Thank you again for attending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you ARE an adorable bunch with loads of talent. love the "tipsy" tree! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete