Saturday, October 13, 2012

Get Well Card For Cathy

Happy Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends!
I'mheading up to Phoenix today with six of my SaddleBrooke Stamper Friends.  My SU demonstrator friend Lorri Heilling is hosting a WeStamp Extravaganza Event today and we are taking a van load up to attend this event.  I will be sharing the projects we make at this event with you early next week. 

My share for today was going to be the 3x3 cards I received from my SaddleBrooke Stamper Friends - but I didn't get the pictures taken of these little cuties ........ so I guess I will have to move to Plan B.  Here's my Plan B........
 I CASE'd this card from Connie Stewart at Simply Scrappin and made it for my friend and fellow SU Demonstrator Cathy Gray.  I brought it to our SW Stampers meeting on Tuesday and ask all my fellow SU demonstrators to sign it and I was going to drop it in the mail the next day.
 Connie's recipe was such a pretty and elegant card that it was a snap turning this into a "get well" card for Cathy.  I used a different stamp set and embossing folder.....but other than those slight changes - all the credit for this card should go to Connie.
 I used the "Just Believe" and "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp sets - and the "Papillon Potpourri" stamp set and coordinating punch created two GORGEOUS butterflies. 
 I used Crumb Cake and Pink Pirouette ink and cardstock for this card........
The embossing folder that I used for the bottom panel is the Elegant Lines folder and I added a pretty Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon around the embossed panel and secured it down with a mini glue dot.
I added the throw-away pieces of the embossed Pink Pirouette cardstock to the inside of the card - and it created the perfect frame for all the SW Stampers members to write Cathy some "get well wishes".
 I did add one extra butterfly to the inside of the card - and by inking the edges of this embossed piece ...... it totally popped this embossed piece off the card.
Simply LOVE how this card turned out and I want to send a special "GET WELL" wish out to Cathy and hope that she is recovering and will be back on her feet in no time! 
 
Thanks for joining me today - I'll be back tomorrow with more Kards by Kadie creations......Hope you can join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!


1 comment:

  1. I was fortunate to be able to see (and sign) this card. Such elegant details and soft color.

    ReplyDelete