Friday, July 16, 2010

Last Weekends Get Away

Sorry it has taken me a couple extra days to get my blog back on track - but, when you do a scrappin get away like I did this past weekend......well.....It truly took me three extra days to recover from all the SHOPPING we did (wait....didn't I say we were getting away to scrapbook??????). Let me start out by saying......we packed the SUV really tight....... NO.....this wasn't how we looked driving down the road.....(We just couldn't resist taking a photo of this family traveling South on Hwy 10)
Here we are in all our glory - and yes......we were packed TIGHT from floor to ceiling with our scrapbooking supplies and a motorized shopping machine.
Here we are checking into our "Home Base" for the weekend. We had a fabulous two bedroom suite with a living room and kitchen area - and plenty of room for two additional scrappin friends to join us.......
Here is Nancy's station..........
And my station all set up and ready to begin a FUN weekend of scrappin.....SO I THOUGHT!
We ended up doing about three full hours of scrapbooking and the rest of time was spent in the car ....... shopping for some amazing deals in the Phoenix area. It reached over a 110 degrees and we truly went from A/C car to A/C shopping centers. We hit all four Hobby Lobby's (I KNOW - I KNOW....what could possibly be at the third and fourth Hobby Lobby that wasn't at the first two.....) the Michael's - Joann's and Container Store....along with book stores and LOTS of great places to eat.
All in all.....it was a weekend to be remembered! I'm going to seriously try to get a group of ladies together in the Fall to do a scrappin retreat at this same place (two can share this fabulous suite for just a little over $80 a night and you could always include a third person to split the cost by putting one out in the living room area on the sofa sleeper). Think it would be a BLAST to get away with some of my favorite scrappin/cardmaking gals and get some SERIOUS scrappin done.
Thanks for hanging in there and waiting for me to re-post....I'm hoping to start back with some fabulous projects and cards I've been busy creating in June and July. Have a fabulous Friday and hope to see you back tomorrow with some more Kards by Kadie creations. Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment