Sunday, July 18, 2010

Father's Day Wallets

Today I want to share with you the Father's Day wallets I made for my Jack and my four son-in-laws in June. I taught this class the weekend before Father's Day for my SaddleBrooke Stamping Club and it was a BIG BIG HIT. I had picked up the idea fro the Candian Stamper and have to say they turned out perfectly.
The base of the wallet is just a piece of brown card stock that has been paper pierced around the outside edges to give it a stitched look. I then added a small monogram piece in the bottom right hand corner with their initial stamped out.
On the inside I added pockets so I could add four pictures of their family members to the inside pockets - and the largest pocket was in place of where they would put their dollar bills and that is where I added my Father's Day wishes to them.
They turned out perfectly and each one was created espeically for them with many family photo's for them to look at.
Here is a close up of the paper piercing and monogram tag - as you can see, I distressed the edges of the monogram to give it a "used" look.
I had FUN creating these wallets and for Jack's I added in the dollar bill section a listing of all the birthday's for the year broken down to each month......A quick resource for him to see who's birthday/anniversary is happening that monthy. HE LOVED HIS wallet.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you can return tomorrow for some more creations I've been working on. Until tomorrow.....Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment