Monday, January 11, 2016

Mix-It-UP! Monday Happy Birthday Upgrade

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Today is Mix It UP! Monday and I have an upgraded version of the card I shared with you yesterday.  The exact same product that was used to create yesterday's card is what I used to upgrade my card today.  I did however add a couple additional products for today's card ..... and that helped to bring this card up to the next stamping level.
Here's my Spot Light Sunday card (top) from yesterday .........
And my upgraded version (bottom) of that very same card.
I started today's card off with a Basic Black card base.
I stamped my sentiment and trio of cupcakes as I did yesterday ...... But for today's card I used the cupcake punch from the 'Party Punch Pack' to add some fun to my card.
All three cupcakes were popped up onto my sentiment panel with dimensional adhesive.  I used the Cupcake Builder Punch to add a cherry on top of each cupcake.
One additional touch of fun was adding this stamped and punched out Melon Mambo balloon.  It too was attached to my card using dimensional adhesive.  If you look closely......You will see that I used that same 'Party Punch Pack' set and punched out a Mint Macaron candle and attached that to my card. 
Here's what my completed sentiment panel looked like when I got all the pieces stamped, punched and adhered to my sentiment panel.
A final touch was adding the SUPER YUMMY Melon Mambo/Basic Black Baker's Twine to the bottom of my card ........ And this card was done!
So there you have it friends.  Which version do you prefer?
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a 3D-Tuesday project with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

4 comments:

  1. I lovely stepped up version, right down to the cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary......It was a special birthday wish for Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fun, fun cards. Love the crystal effects. Lovin' this DSP too! Super fun suite!
    Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lynn....This was a fun card to create for my Jack.

    ReplyDelete