Tuesday, June 12, 2018

No Glue Note Card Portfolio

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends
My blog post for today is 3-D Tuesday.  That means today I have a fun little 3-D project to share with you.  This project is SUPER FUN to create and the product is featured in the 2018-2019 Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog.  Let's jump right in with my project share for today.......
My portfolio today requires no adhesive to secure it closed.  It closes up with the help of some ribbon.  (I hadn't received my new product order so I used some retired Whisper White 1/8" ribbon)
Here's the way I decorated the front of my portfolio.  I create a pretty panel with the 'Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper'.  And I used the 'Abstract Impressions' set to create my scallop decorative piece.
When you open this portfolio ..... There are two pockets that hold your pretty note cards.
The four note cards are simply tucked behind the ribbon closure. 
Here is what the portfolio looks like when the note cards are removed.  You can see that I simply punched two holes.  One on the outer edge of the portfolio and one near the spin of the portfolio.  All I needed to do was run my ribbon through those holes and then I could secure my portfolio closed with a pretty bow.
 Here are what the four note cards look like.
I used the same 'Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper' along with four different colored card stock panels (Shaded Spruce, Petal Pink, Melon Mambo and Night of Navy) to pretty up the front of each note card.
I used the thank you from the 'Abstract Impressions' set along with the same colored ink that I used for the card stock colors......And stamped the sentiment in the upper right hand corner of each note card.
My floral scallop image was created with the help of the 'Abstract Impressions' set and the 'Layering Circle Framelits'. 
 And I created a coordinating envelope for each of my pretty note cards.
Here's a closer look at how the portfolio closes.
I will be substituting the new 'Shaded Spruce Metallic Ribbon' when my new product order arrives.
And you didn't think I would leave you without listing the measurements for my pretty portfolio (did you???).  I used a piece of Melon Mambo that measured 9" x 7-1/2".  I scored with the 9" side at the top of my 'Simply Score Tool' at 4-1/2".  This created the center fold for my portfolio.  Then I turned it to have the 7-1/2" side at the top of my 'Simply Score Tool' and scored at 2".  This created the 2-pockets for the inside of my portfolio.

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Wine Down Wednesday card with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Fun, festive and fabulous. You make the most incredible gifts!

    ReplyDelete