Monday, May 07, 2018

Cake Soiree Birthday Card Upgrade

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Today is Mix It UP! Monday and I have an upgraded version of the card I shared with you yesterday.  I used the exact same product that was used to create yesterday's card ....... but added a couple additional products from the 2018 Stampin' UP! Occasions Catalog to bring this card up to the next stamping level. 
Here is my Spot Light Sunday card on the LEFT......
And my Mix-It-UP! Monday card on the RIGHT!!!!
Today's card is all about upgrades......
I changed the card base to Whisper White and then added a panel of Calypso Coral cardstock to the front of my card.  Before I adhered that layer down to my Whisper White card ...... I used my Simply Score Tool and added a 1/4" embossed layer around the entire Calypso Coral cardstock panel.
I stamped my sentiment with VersaMark ink and sprinkled it with White Embossing Powder and then used my Heat Tool to set it.
My cake was stamped with Calypso Coral ink and then I added layer's of the flowers included in the 'Cake Soiree' set to the side of my cake.
I used Calypso Coral cardstock and Peekaboo Peach cardstock for my two embossed flowers.
I wrapped some Peekabook Peach Baker's Twine around my Calypso Coral panel and tied it off into a pretty bow before adhering that panel down to my Whisper White base card.
And one final touch was using my 'Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends' to color in five of the 'Pearl Basic Jewels' before adhering them down to the cake and flowers.
So tell me friends.......
Do you have a favorite?????
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a 3-D Tuesday creation with you ...... Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm in love with this mix of oranges. The added blossoms on the cake are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete