Monday, November 06, 2017

Thinking of You Upgrade

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Today is Mix It UP! Monday and I have an upgraded version of the card I shared with you yesterday.  I used the exact same product that was used to create yesterday's card ....... but added some extra cardstock that is found in the 2017-2018 Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog to bring this card up to the next stamping level.
Here is yesterday's Spot Light Sunday card on the LEFT......
And today's Mix-It-UP! Monday card on the RIGHT.......
For today's card I changed up the orientation just a tad.  I matted the sentiment panel with a border of Basic Black cardstock and positioned that panel smack-dab in the center of my Smoky Slate base card.
Next I used my Simply Score Board to create a double scored section at the bottom of my card and positioned three maple die-cut leafs in that scored out section.  I used Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Cherry Cobbler cardstock for each of my die-cut leafs.
Here's what the three leafs look like after they were positioned in that scored out section.  For an added level of WOW FACTOR ........ I used my Clear Wink of Stella and brushed that over the top of each leaf and that gave some extra sparkle to each leaf.
My "Thinking of you" sentiment was stamped from the 'Colorful Seasons' set and I used the 'Seasonal Layers Thinlits' to die-cut out my large maple leaf.
The finishing touch was adding some 1/4" Daffodil Delight Double-Stitched Ribbon to the top of the center sentiment panel.
I'm not sure which of these cards I like the best......
What do you think????
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a 3-D Tuesday creation with you ...... Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream! 

2 comments:

  1. Both cards are lovely! I adore how you used the Wink of Stella and the "negative space!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your early morning comments always make me smile Mary.

    ReplyDelete