Monday, September 18, 2017

Thankful Tulip Upgrade

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Today is Mix It UP! Monday and I have an upgraded version of the card I shared with you yesterday.  I used the exact same product that was used to create yesterday's card ....... but added a couple additional products (found in the 2017-2018 Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog) to bring this card up to the next stamping level.
Here is my Spot Light Sunday card on the LEFT......
And today's Mix-It-UP! Monday card on the RIGHT...
The first thing I did to upgrade this card was change the base card from Sweet Sugarplum to Whisper White.  I added the Sweet Sugarplum as my layered panel and then topped this card off with a Whisper White top panel.  Just that little change in layering really gave today's Mix-It-UP! Monday card a real POP!
I stamped the three tulips directly onto the Whisper White panel and then stamped those images a second time onto a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I then grabbed my Paper Snips and trimmed out each of the three tulips.  Couldn't have been any easier!
I added Stampin' Dimensionals to the backside of the three tulips that I snipped out ........ and then adhered them directly down to the images I stamped on the Whisper White panel.  For an additional upgrade to each of my tulips ....... I grabbed my 'Clear Wink of Stella' pen and prettied up the front of each Sweet Sugarplum flower.
I kept with the 'Painted Harvest' sentiment but for my upgraded card, I used my 'Oval Layering Dies' to crop out the sentiment and the Sweet Sugarplum scallop oval.  The finishing touch was adding a small piece of the 3/8" Sweet Sugarplum Striped Grosgrain Ribbon to the top of my sentiment.
So tell me friends........
Which one do you like best????
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a 3-D Tuesday creation with you ...... Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment