Tuesday, July 12, 2016

3D Tuesday-Gift Box From A Card

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
My blog post for today is 3-D Tuesday.  That means today I have a fun little 3-D project to share with you.  This project is SUPER QUICK and SUPER EASY to create and the greatest feature is you can use any A2 card you might have on hand and turn it into a fun gift box.  Let's jump right in with my project share for today.
For the fun gift box that I created ......... I went back to an old Paper Pumpkin kit and pulled out one of the A2 cards from that kit.
All I did was take off 1/4" from the right side of my card......
Then I opened my card and scored (along the long side) at each of the following measurement. (Keep in mind that the key to these measurements is moving your card over so you are measuring from each of the previous score lines.)  You will score at 3/4" then move over another 2-1/2", then another 3/4", then another 3/4", another 2-1/2" and another 3/4".  And the last measurement is to turn your card and score (along the short side) at 1-1/4".  This measurement is for the bottom of your box.
 
What you will end up with are measurements that give you the gusset side panels for your box.
I decorated the front of my gift box with some circles and left over pieces from this Paper Pumpkin kit.........
And that's all there is to turning an ordinary A2 card into a fun gift box.

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Wine Down Wednesday card with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment: