Monday, August 24, 2015

Mix-It-UP! Monday - Spooky Halloween

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Today is Mix It UP! Monday and I have an upgraded version of the card I shared with you yesterday.  I used the exact same product that was used to create yesterday's card ....... but added a couple additional products (found in the 2015 Stampin' UP! Holiday Catalog) to bring this card up to the next stamping level. 
Here is the card I shared with you yesterday (on the left) and my upgraded version of that very same card (on the right).
Here's a closer look at that spooky/fun card.
Instead of stamping the spider web image onto my card ........ I used the new "Spider Web Doilies" on the left hand side of my base card.
I stamped the same 'Happy Halloween' image in the new Basic Black Archival pad (which is AMAZING!)......and then I stamped it again in Tangelo Twist and cut that piece out and adhered it directly onto my Basic Black piece.
I punched my black spider out with a 3/4" circle punch and added him directly onto my Tangelo Twist piece.
I used the Tangelo Twist 5/8" Striped Ribbon along with the Silver Metallic Thread to add strands of both of these fibers behind my 'Happy Halloween' sentiment and finally popped the entire piece up with lots of dimensional adhesive.
 
So there you have it friends........A mixed up Halloween card that goes the extra distance and was a whole bunch of fun to create.
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a fun 3-D Tuesday project with you ......... Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!
 

3 comments:

  1. Seriously awesome stepped up version Kadie! I LOVE the two tone label and that spider is adorable, I mean, Spooky!!! The bats in the background are oh so cool looking! Really amazing effect with the fibers and doily. So very nicely done!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!Everything about this card works wonderfully together.
    Thank you for this extra version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea for the Tangelo Twist ribbon. The fibers are perfect. Love this version right down to the little spider circle!

    ReplyDelete