Thursday, February 13, 2014

Note in a Bottle Gift for Jack

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends! 
Today I have a sweet Valentine's Day Gift I made for Jack.  This gift started out on February 1st and went every day until Valentine's Day.  On February 1st......Jack received an empty "Note in a Bottle" jar and his first little "love note".  Every day till the 14th.........He would receive another "love note" that he would be able to add to his "Note in a Bottle" Jar.   On February 14th........Jack would have a "Note in a Bottle" jar filled with special little "love note" from me.

 Here's what my "Note in a Bottle" gift looked like when completed.
I created special little "love notes" (1-1/4" x 2-5/8" note cards) that were folded in half and then each "love note" was decorated just a little differently.
 Here's a quick peek at one of the love notes I wrote to Jack!
 Each little love note had a heart decorated on the front and then labeled 1-14!
The heart on each love note received some type of pretty embellishment.
 I used some Flower Trim.......and.....Linen Thread......
And some Rhinestones......Lace.....and Pearls. 
 Here's what my "Note in a Bottle" gift looked like when filled up with all my love notes!
My bottle was a recycled drink bottle (that I just washed out)..........and I used a retired Stampin' UP! kit for all the pretty embellishments that went into decorating the outside of my bottle.
 And I also made sure that the top of my bottle looked just as pretty as the rest of the bottle.
I wrapped my bottle with this beautiful vintage lace......
 And then began adding hearts....buttons.....flowers and lace to my project.
 The focal point of the bottle was this gorgeous "Love" tag......
That I prettied up with some flower trim and ribbon......and took extra care in distressing the edges of the tag.
LOVE LOVE LOVE  how this project turned out........
And it was the PERFECT GIFT to give the man that has everything.
I have to say that this entire project came together in a SNAP......And Jack really looked forward to receiving his daily "Love Notes" every morning.  
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share with you the Valentine's Day card I made for Jack.......Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream! 

3 comments:

  1. He has to love this. Between his birthday and this he has to know how much he's loved. How sweet of you to do that for him. It's nice to see such a sweet love story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...Kadie, that is soooooo awesome! Made me choke up a little! I love the concept and I bet is was a blast decorating all of those notes. And, what a great job of it. I love how you wrapped around some of the hearts. What an awesome project! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each love note with it's own personality! Jack is a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete